Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sencha Architect 3.2 with Ext JS 5.1 Support

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Answers

Default Sencha Architect 3.2 with Ext JS 5.1 Support

Dear Architect Users.

We're happy to announce the release of Architect 3.2. The latest release of Architect adds in Ext JS 5.1 support, the latest Sencha Cmd, project wide search and fixes a number of bugs.

Highlights of Architect 3.2 release:
    • Ext JS 5.1 support
    • Project wide search (located at the bottom middle, below the canvas)
    • 3D chart components from Ext JS 5.1
    • Support for latest Sencha Cmd

Try out the new version today. We welcome your comments and questions.

Thank you for your continued support and feedback.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default Where are the release notes

And, more important, what bugs are you STILl working on, so we don't waste our time documenting them.

Thanks

Bruce

Sencha Premium Member jineeshmg's Avatar
    Answers

Default Not stable yet

I have converted my existing application and everything broken now.

1. couldn't see the design view
    2. Hidden items in accordion layout is visible automatically :-)
    3. hidden label for textbox appeared again.
    4. tab key navigation on popup menu still not fixed
    5. collapse border region on render not working now.
    6. to be continued........

Users who has stable version don't go for it till they fix those BIG issues.

MG

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jineeshmg View Post
    I have converted my existing application and everything broken now.

1. couldn't see the design view
    2. Hidden items in accordion layout is visible automatically :-)
    3. hidden label for textbox appeared again.
    4. tab key navigation on popup menu still not fixed
    5. collapse border region on render not working now.
    6. to be continued........

Users who has stable version don't go for it till they fix those BIG issues.

MG
    MG -

Please open a new thread with your problems that you are encountering. We'll gladly try to work out these issues with you by looking through your project. A few clarifications that we need. When you say you upgraded, do you mean you upgraded an existing Ext JS 5.0 project just to Architect 3.2? Or did you upgrade to 3.2 *AND* upgrade to Ext JS 5.1? At what point did the issues manifest themselves? If you could send us an email to architect . feedback at sencha.com with an archive of your project and steps to reproduce we'll get these resolved.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium Member jineeshmg's Avatar
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    MG -

Please open a new thread with your problems that you are encountering. We'll gladly try to work out these issues with you by looking through your project. A few clarifications that we need. When you say you upgraded, do you mean you upgraded an existing Ext JS 5.0 project just to Architect 3.2? Or did you upgrade to 3.2 *AND* upgrade to Ext JS 5.1? At what point did the issues manifest themselves? If you could send us an email to architect . feedback at sencha.com with an archive of your project and steps to reproduce we'll get these resolved.
    When you say you upgraded, do you mean you upgraded an existing Ext JS 5.0 project just to Architect 3.2?
    I tried both cases.
    1. After upgrading Architect to 3.2 by keeping same ExtJS 5.0 I am getting following errors:
    • I couldnt see the design view of my initial view port.
    • My login page username/password fields labels were hidden, but after update those labels are visible.
    2. Both architect and extjs-5.1.1
    • Hidden items in accordion layout is visible automatically :-)
    • tab key navigation on popup menu still not fixed
    • collapse border region on render not working now.
    • And other 2 issues reported above

I have tried the nighlty build also. ext-5.1.1 and SenchaCmd-5.1.1.48

No hope.

Thanks,
    MG

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

I guess my results have been better than yours, however, can I suggest

1) you delete your ENTIRE build directory. I found that leftover stuff was causing some errors

2) Delete all of the bootstrap.* files

3) After you upgrade the framework to 5.1, CLOSE and REOPEN SA, cause otherwise, its not very happy

4) I am using the nightly builds for the framework and for cmd, so I always set a CUSTOM path for the framework. (Of course, there is still that silly bug that DELETES the folder pointed to in the custom path, so after changing it, have to AGAIN create the folderAfter all of this, it seems to be smiling when I use it.

Bruce

Exclamation

Please take the habit to provide a changelog when you release a new version.

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dnoizet View Post
    Please take the habit to provide a changelog when you release a new version.
    Sorry guys for not linking to the changelog in the docs.
    http://docs.sencha.com/architect/3/r...hange_log.html

It currently has build #73 but really should read build #75. I'll get with the docs team to correct this.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium Member cmendez21's Avatar

Question

Hi, i'm trying to play with new features for version 5.1 etc

1.- And noticed that resources.zip for Responsive Dashboard link is broken , is there other link to download this file, also you have some project samples available for this architect 3.2.x version ?

2.- why this architect works as a standalone version and not an upgrade for version 3.1.x ?
    2.1- do i need to uninstall 3.1.x before or can work both versions simultaneously, what you guys recommend ?
    E2CS: Extjs - Event calendar solution | XtPrinter
    Calendar Thread | XtPrinter Thread| Blog

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cmendez21 View Post
    1.- And noticed that resources.zip for Responsive Dashboard link is broken , is there other link to download this file
    Where are you looking? I'm only aware of the dashboard inside of the Ext download distribution.

also you have some project samples available for this architect 3.2.x version ?
    Yup, when you select Ext JS 5.1 you can choose examples for starter projects and take a look at those sample projects.

2.- why this architect works as a standalone version and not an upgrade for version 3.1.x ?
    This has been our practice since Designer 1.0 days. When we initially release a dot release we post it on the forums or blog. This gives people who want to upgrade to the latest and greatest the chance to do so. If everything looks good and we haven't heard of any major issues between the dot release upgrade process we will turn on an upgrade. The next time users on older versions launch the tool they will be prompted that there is a new release. We think this is the best process for our users.

2.1- do i need to uninstall 3.1.x before or can work both versions simultaneously, what you guys recommend ?
    Nope, they will install side by side and you can run each of them independently. They however *cannot* be run at the same time with build tools enabled as you cannot have 2 duplicate Cmd servers running at the same time. Architect will create an archive/backup of your project before upgrading but be sure to keep your stuff in source control in case there is any issues.

Once a project has been upgraded it cannot be downgraded (except by rolling back via source control or file system). And of course a Architect 3.2 project cannot be opened in Architect 3.1.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast