Thread: Getting and Removing Button Classes

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Answered: Getting and Removing Button Classes

I have a project that contains a segmented button. Upon initialization, the first button gets assigned a class of 'lastPressed'. Each time one of the segmented buttons are toggled, I want to:

1. Remove the 'lastPressed class from any of the buttons
    2. Add the 'lastPressed' to the pressed button

Number 1 (above) is where I am having the problem. For some reason I can't seem to be able to get the element with the 'lastPressed' class in order to remove the class. Any help?

Additionally, I want to be able to get the button that contains the 'lastPressed' class and determine its order in the array of segmentedbutton innerItems. How might I be able to accomplish this?

Here's a Fiddle for reference:

2. Hi Cybjorg--

The approach I took (see Fiddle below) was to loop over the items of the SegmentedButton. Within the loop, I check to see if the current item contains the class (via getCls() and indexOf()); if it does, I pluck the index within the loop which gives me the "position" of the child button within the parent. Then I simply remove the class from each item in the loop and once it's complete, I add the class to the button which was pressed.

I hope that helps!

Thanks!
    Joel

Answers

Hi Cybjorg--

The approach I took (see Fiddle below) was to loop over the items of the SegmentedButton. Within the loop, I check to see if the current item contains the class (via getCls() and indexOf()); if it does, I pluck the index within the loop which gives me the "position" of the child button within the parent. Then I simply remove the class from each item in the loop and once it's complete, I add the class to the button which was pressed.

I hope that helps!

Thanks!
    Joel

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by joel.watson View Post
    Hi Cybjorg--

I hope that helps!

Thanks!
    Joel
    Brilliant! You're a life saver. Many thanks!

Answers

Sure thing, happy to help!

Thanks
    Joel