Thread: Problems with bufferedrenderer and Ext.tree.Panel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.

Default Problems with bufferedrenderer and Ext.tree.Panel

I have been experiencing some strange behaviour with the 'Ext.tree.Panel' component when the 'bufferedrenderer' plugin is included.

See:
    https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/hql

When scrolling within the view-port and opening a parent node, the dynamic injection of child nodes seems to fail some of the time.
    At my company, we experience a crash of the entire application when this happens, meaning that the user must reload the entire webpage to continue.

It is important to note that this is just a problem with bufferedrenderer. However due to the large amounts of data we wish to display, when we disable this feature the tree becomes slow and prone to out of memory exceptions. Also, as far as I can tell, this problem is fixed with the latest version of the Sencha platform. The problem being that we cannot upgrade to that platform until our partner company releases their latest framework. This is an important issue for us to resolve and I was wondering if you had any hints on how to bypass this issue until we get the improved grids from the latest EXTJS version.

Attached is a video showing how to reproduce this error. Take note that this is a lightweight example and does not happen as often as within our actual application.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Jason--

Yes, it looks like this was fixed in 4.2.3. I believe this would be the easiest path to a resolution as I'm not aware of any workarounds for this. That said, have you tried experimenting with any of the plugin configuration options?

Thanks
    Joel

I have, but with no luck. In fact increasing the buffer size only makes this problem occur more frequently. Is there possibly a public repository for your changesets so that we can create a temporary patch?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEnderby View Post
    I have, but with no luck. In fact increasing the buffer size only makes this problem occur more frequently. Is there possibly a public repository for your changesets so that we can create a temporary patch?
    Hi Jason--

Sorry, we don't have a public repository for the changesets.

Thanks
    Joel