Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of

Default How do I book a hotel room @ SenchaCon

After spending time on phone with Hyatt, they connect me to the reservation system, who tells me the group block can ONLY be booked online, and yet your registration site only has a "NO" option when I try to book a room.

1) I am registered for SenchaCon

2) I need to know I have a room before I fly to CA! (I hate to sleep on the floor, its so BAD for my back!)

3) No one from Hyatt can seem to help me!

What am I supposed to do with the convention < 2 months from now?

Thanks
    Bruce
    -->

Sencha - Senior Software Engineer mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I'll forward this thread to someone in Marketing to help get an answer for this.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.
    -->

Vote Rating
    arthurakay is just really nice arthurakay is just really nice arthurakay is just really nice arthurakay is just really nice

Bruce, someone from Marketing will be contacting you today. Sorry for the hassle here.

FWIW I was successfully able to reserve a room at the Avatar hotel over the phone, but it's the furthest of the three hotels from the conference center.
    -->

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of

Default I have NOT heard from anyone yet

Sorry, but I still have not heard from anyone. I would like to stay at the Hyatt since it is connected to the convention center. Perhaps you can nudge them. I am sure I am not the ONLY one trying to make hotel reservations and with the convention in less than 2 months, this seems very strange that its not up and running yet.

Thanks

Bruce Lomasky
    (if email is better, bruce@bruceL.com)
    -->

Vote Rating
    arthurakay is just really nice arthurakay is just really nice arthurakay is just really nice arthurakay is just really nice

Bruce, I have been told that someone did speak with you via email and that your hotel room is all set. If that's not the case, please let me know and we'll get this solved.
    -->

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Miggins will become famous soon enough

Bruce - I think you actually need to reserve 5 hotel rooms. They've changed the reservation model and the 1 room option is no longer available.

-->

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

No problem Miggins, as long as the other 4 roomies are Female / Blondes (ok, hair color optional, but hair is NOT optional / Good Drinkers and DON'T SNORE!!!
    -->

Vote Rating

I'm glad your issue with the hotel room was resolved.

Let's try to keep the comments clean though... SenchaCon has a code of conduct (as noted on the website), and we have put a lot of effort into making our event fun and safe for everyone in the community.

I know you're trying to be funny, but I (and others in this community) won't tolerate remarks that offend or demean anyone.
    -->