Thread: Character encoding problem when web app is built after upgrading to SA 3.2.0.75

This issue duplicates another issue.

Default Character encoding problem when web app is built after upgrading to SA 3.2.0.75

Hi,

We are using Windows Pro 8.1 64-bit. We have upgraded to SA 3.2.0.75 and Cmd 5.1.1.39. After that we have upgraded and built our app with the new Architect. Upgrade and build were successful. But when we opened up the login page in the browser we have seen the character encoding problems.

Following are the images of login page before and after upgrade:
    BeforeUpgradeView.png

AfterUpgradeView.png

We have controlled the file differences for the changes applied during upgrade: there is no change is in the app\view\LoginForm.js file. The problem is in the app.js file generated during build. Here is sample image of the differences in the app.js file before and after upgraded build:
    fileDiff_002.png

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

?pek
    Attached Images Attached Images

There is a recently fixed issue in Sencha Cmd that will resolve this.

It is fixed in Cmd 5.1.2. If you feel like living on the edge, you can update your cmd to beta via
    Code:
      sencha upgrade --beta
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Thanks for the reply.

I've upgraded to Sencha Cmd to 5.1.2.52 but it didn't fix the problem. Then I've searched the Sencha Cmd forum and found the issue you've mentioned and learned that 5.1.3.55 fixes the problem. So I've upgraded and now it works.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

?pek