Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Amiya Sahoo is on a distinguished road

Default java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/gwt/core/client/GWTBridge

I am using gxt-2.3.1a-gwt22.jar with GWT 2.6.0.

getting below error while running in tomcat at production mode.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/gwt/core/client/GWTBridge
    at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.core.FastMap.<init>(FastMap.java:139)

It is being referred from GWT class setBridge( )

GWTBridge is not available in gwt-servlet.jar

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    secretkeeper81 is on a distinguished road

I switched from GXT 2.2.5 to GXT 2.3.1a and stumbled into the exact same problem.

There are 2 possible ways to fix it:

1) add requestfactory-server.jar from the GWT distribution to your WEB-INF/lib and to your classpath

or

2) create the following class in your project, in the package com.google.gwt.core.client:

Code:
    package com.google.gwt.core.client;
     import com.google.gwt.core.shared.*;

/**
    * Date: 1/17/13
    * Time: 12:37 PM
    * This class is used for fixing class not found com.google.gwt.core.client.GWTBridge;
    * This is only needed for GXT 2 to work. Once we remove GXT2, this can be removed also.
    */
    public abstract class GWTBridge extends com.google.gwt.core.shared.GWTBridge {
    }
    Edit: I tried both solutions and only the first one worked successfully for me.

With the second solution, I occasionally encountered errors of this kind:

Code:
    Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call: com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.SerializationException: Type 'it.netstudio.totem.core.web.client.mvc.model.ParameterVO' was not assignable to 'com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.IsSerializable' and did not have a custom field serializer.For security purposes, this type will not be serialized.: instance = it.netstudio.totem.core.web.client.mvc.model.ParameterVO@5478690d

Thread Participants: 1