Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any idea when we might have a bug release

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default any idea when we might have a bug release

I am only slightly miffed that there has been no communication from the developers as to when / if there will be a bug release. I am NOT looking for new features, but there are about a dozen bugs that should be squashed.

I know you guys don't want to give a date, incase you miss it. But how about a heads up. Is it days, weeks, months?

Thanks

Bruce

Answers

Please let us know what bugs you are most concerned about so that we can take that into account when planning the next release.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default List of bugs

Off the top of my head, I would love to see the following fixed. (I know some are very easy and perhaps others will take a tad more head scratching) and listed in MY priority order:

(I am using OS X so I don't know if all of these exist in the windows version)

1) Fix the "Random number generator" in the editor where I have NO clue where the editor will open up and so many times (esp. when editing in the viewModel) I will see the lines being edited twice! So much time is wasted in trying to fix this.

2) Fix the bug with CAPS LOCK being treated like CTRL

3) editing column headers in design mode, have to click on RIGHT side of column, then in middle to edit text.

4) A Centered Title, if you edit it, it moves to the left (not a serious bug... but looks funny)

5) The system crashing OFTEN when editing themes and having auto compile on. This makes editing themes and trying to see what the result looks like a PITA!

6) see #1

7) ok, this is maybe a feature, but with LARGE applications, have the option when starting SA to have folders under view be collapsed. I spend a fair amount of time, closing all of them (except the one I am interested in)

8) I can NOT build a new application from scratch using Direct. I have to copy over an existing one. Not sure why, but it fails on the "Ext.direct.Manager.addProvider(RPC.REMOTING_API);" line

9) see #1

That is all, off the top (of my pointy) head.

P.S. I assume most of you guys will be @ SenchaConn and are not allergic to alcohol????

Bruce

Sencha User
    Answers

DSGNR-6348 <= I'm really really desperately waiting for a fix for this one

"Cannot create custom UIs for components."

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default Bugfix release for DSGNR-6348 urgently required!!

Urgent problem number 1
    DSGNR-6348 <= I'm really really desperately waiting for a fix for this one

"Cannot create custom UIs for components."

User cannot design their applications at the moment!! Applications with custom UI are broken -- this is essential really. We cannot spend effort to use CSS for a while and then switch back!

Problem number 2
    There is this problem with ordering of Custom CSS put in the resources folder and generated CSS from the theme. In development/preview the order is: custom-css .... generated css
    In release mode it is generated-css ... custom-css

It's really hard to write custom CSS rules - we don't want to introduce custom CLS everywhere nor do we want to write "important!" in all the CSS rules which overwrite generated css.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

and the useless project description column of the log. If there are any errors in SA, all the log tells me is the NAME of the current application. Thanks Log, I had no clue what application I had open!!!

Sencha User
    Answers

@Sencha guys: Please please please!!!!

5.1 is fixing some really annoying bugs (Spacebar in comboboxes, left/rigth keys in timefields and many more). But we cannot upgrade because of the Custom UI bug in SA 3.2.

What's the reason for a bugfix release to take that long?

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    Please let us know what bugs you are most concerned about so that we can take that into account when planning the next release.
    Hi Arron, are you still there? You're missing from here now: http://www.sencha.com/company/team/

I hope this wasn't your last post ever? Everything going OK?

Is it time to be afraid for the future of Architect?

Cheers, Wayne

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wayne.rudd View Post
    Hi Arron, are you still there? You're missing from here now: http://www.sencha.com/company/team/
    Hey Wayne, yes my last day at Sencha was this past Thursday. It wasn't an easy decision but I was presented with an opportunity that was too exciting to pass up.

I hope this wasn't your last post ever? Everything going OK?
    I'm still using Ext & Touch and still intend to be active in the forums.

Is it time to be afraid for the future of Architect?
    There are others to carry on the torch. There are some bugfixes already in the repository and others waiting to be completed before pushing out a patch.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    Create a new web project. Add a viewport to the project. Add a panel to the viewport. Add a label to the panel. Save. Preview your app. The app cannot preview because index.html is referencing bootstrap.js which does not exist. This did not happen in SA 3.0.

The only solution I could find online is to build your app. But the "Build Web App" controls are disabled. Also, I've never had to manually build the app in 3.0.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast