Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member raphael.franchet's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    raphael.franchet is on a distinguished road

Default ExtJs 4.2.3 Performance issue on border layout : too many useless layouts

Hi.

When the border layout have a collapse zone, floating it out generates several useless layouts of untouch zones.

Here is a fiddle with a border layout. Open the console to see the "layout" events.
    https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/ijm

When floating temporarily the west zone (by clicking the bar - not the button), I would expect to have only "west layout" in my console, but I can see this
    Code:
    north layoutwest layout
    south layout
    east layout
    center layout
    north layout
    south layout
    east layout
    center layout
    which means that the opened zone is layouted once (normal) but all other zones are layouted twice (they should not be layouted at all).

I have a big complex UI in my app, so each time a collapsed zone is temporarilly displayed, all zones are uselessly re-layouted.
    Best regards,
    Raphael

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

We have some ideas in general about preventing extraneous layouts from running however it's a difficult problem to solve in a generic fashion. Depending on the scope of the changes required we may back port that kind of improvement to 4, however we'll need to evaluate it once it comes in place to the codebase.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Ext JS Premium Member raphael.franchet's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    raphael.franchet is on a distinguished road

Does that mean when I will migrate to ExtJS 5.1 I won't have such extra-layouts ?
    I did a quick try with fiddle to test on ExtJS 5.1 and I see no differences...

I understand that is quite complicated : I spent half a day trying to optimize for my particular case, without being successfull
    Best regards,
    Raphael

Thread Participants: 1