Thread: TypeError: Cannot read property 'offsetHeight' of null

Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha Premium Member

Exclamation TypeError: Cannot read property 'offsetHeight' of null

Hi,

We have got a strange problem when migrated our big sencha project from extjs 4.2 -> 5.1.

The problem happens randomly almost every panel.

We've put debugger point in the ext-all-dev.js file. Screenshot is as follows:

r1.jpg

r0.jpg

This is may be offsetHeight is calculated before rendering operations, kind of bug I think.

It is very urgent for us because we are moving forward to production environment.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced & Best regards

Sencha User

Thanks for the report. I'm not able to see the issue from that image, and wasn't able to find any similar reports. Can you please post a test case which reproduces the issue?
    https://fiddle.sencha.com/#home

Ext JS Premium Member

Getting the same error. Comes right after doing an Ext.suspendLayouts() -> Ext.resumeLayouts(true). Only seems to happen randomly.

Sencha Premium User

Default Same Error

Facing the same Error while Resizing the Regions in the Border Layout

From the screenshot it's trying to run a layout on some destroyed element/component, but without any sort of context it's difficult to say what the cause might be.
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Former Sencha framework engineer, available for consulting.
    As of 2017-09-22 I am not employed by Sencha, all subsequent posts are my own and do not represent Sencha in any way.

Ext JS Premium Member

In my case I'm calling setVisible() on 6 components and updating one textfield while layout is suspended.

I am having the same issue with ExtJS 5.1.

Ext JS Premium Member

Default Fixed for me

I was seeing this error because I had a container component using a tpl that had scrollable set to true but no height specified. The component was one of several that was being hidden or show based on the state of user interaction.

Hope maybe that helps someone else out. Kind of a cryptic error for what seems like a condition that should be non-breaking.

Sencha User

I had the same error when I tried to add a paging toolbar to a grid panel.In my case it fixes the problem, when I don't set a fixed height on the panel before adding the toolbar. If I set height in the afterRender method of the panel it works.