Thread: Extjs 6 and SA 4?

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Answered: Extjs 6 and SA 4?

Hi I have a doubt, I read that Sencha is going to merge Sencha Touch and Extjs in the same framework, I
    think is good idea, but I have a doubt if today I start a new project with sencha touch, it could be migrated to new framework, and SA 4 will migrate my current project to new framework?

any hint about it will help to make a decision.

regards
    Frank

2. SA 3.5 is your answer. It now support ExtJS6 (classic) atleast.

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Actually Sencha can do anything they just, just the market need that or not :)

Just like my title, you can ask for, as you're a customer for the Sencha team, you should pay the SA and product, right ?

Currently Sencha Touch is still very different with Ext JS framework, the component is quite different, but I think the point is Sencha will bring up a new behaviour for the ExtJS5.1 which can give us a new way to build the project can run on all version ( Desktop / Tablet / Phone ), and I'm doing that, ...not 100% perfect, but the matter is that at least you have a different way to do that right now, it just a tool and a option for developer

Sencha User
    Answers

I am worried about the SA future, because I don't see any session in the Sencha conference about Sencha Architect, and the lead Aron left the company, so I don't know what is happen

regards
    Frank

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Actually you don't need to worry about that :)

Sencha Architect is a very big market which I know, we've been used it from Architect 2 to now, actually Architect no need to upgrade except the "New and big change" new ExtJS/Touch framework come out( "big change" means like the base structure change( usually just a option for backward compatibility, not A MUST ), like ExtJS5 support MVVM, and as Sencha Client Company, you no need to MUST upgrade your product after a new framework come out( But you can use new framework from the next project ). Then, we don't worry about the feature of Architect

And by the way, w've already did that: Use Architect 3.1( ExtJS 5.1 ) to build the full device support project( Desktop / Tablet / Mobile Touch Device ), it's very cool, the benefit is that: One project fit all, No need to build 2 projects at the same time for the same software product, and some component can reference to Touch component or Override, it's quite funny and good solution

Sencha User
    Answers

Hi wisonye, thanks for you answer, I know that I can use the new framework without SA, but the point is SA always have support with the new framework, now the main lead left the company and i don't find information about SA so, the question, will continue the SA developer?.

On the other hand is very interesting to use SA3.1 to build app for phone, table and desktop, could you give us more details about how in the same project to use Extjs and Sencha Touch, sharing the same data packages for instances.

kind regards
    Frank

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Sencha should keep working on SA, as more developers( requirement ) there, make sense

About how to use SA3.1/3.2 to build a single project to support all target devices( Desktop/Tablet/Phone ), it's not means that "can use Touch component from the component panel into the ExtJS project inside SA, what I'm talking about is that: Use ExtJS5.1( All ExtJS component ) and plus customized component( which ONLY exists in Touch component lib ) into the same ExtJS5.1 SA project.

Here are the keys:

1. You can just use a single "profile"( Desktop profile ) for running in all devices:

SingleDesktopProfile.jpg

2. Use the responsive config to make your "Desktop" profile views can handle different screen size design, even to handle the window size change event to re-calculate the UI dynamically, as ExtJS layout usually not re-calculate window size and re-render by default( it only do layout when creating the component, but not change anymore ), but Touch layout did !

3. By default you get the in-correct window size when running ExtJS project on mobile device, the "Ext.getBody().getViewSize()" won't get the correct value, you need to add these <meta> setting into your index.html( or you app load page )

changeOfIndexFile.jpg

4. Add another UI behaviour which you want ( But not exists in ExtJS component yet ), usually you can open the Touch component API document or read their source file for reference. For example I want the "Ext.layout.container.Card" can has the animation which I want when doing a card element switch, then I create a new Class call "AnimationCardLayout' which just override the "Ext.layout.container.Card"( override the "setActiveItem" method to do that )

Then after that you have a SINGLE project for all devices, I know this is not perfect, for example the final app.js size is over 1.1MB( but same result for Touch app.js just maybe just 600KB ), but at this moment I think it's already the better solution for us BEFORE ExtJS 6

Here is my sample single project running on my friend's website, just for demo project for him to support his school project, you can open it on Desktop/Tablet/Phone, running the same app.js, try resize the desktop browser window to take a look the "project cover images" how to re-calculate and re-layout" to fit the new window size, all in single ExtJS5.1 project

http://flaviovincenti.com/wison

Sencha Premium Member digvijayun's Avatar

Default Can I use Extjs 6 with Sencha Architect 3.2.?

Hello,

Can I use Extjs 6 with SA 3.2.?

if no than which SA version will be there for EXT 6.

Regards,
    digvijayun

Sencha User
    Answers

Hi,

I see you are talking about developing one application for multiple platforms using Extjs 5.1. I have been trying to use Responsive configs since they were released, but havent had any luck with it. It is all so complicated. I have been creating separate views for mobile and desktop till now in the same application. My Extjs skills are not that advanced, would you mind giving me some direction in this space.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wisonye View Post
    About how to use SA3.1/3.2 to build a single project to support all target devices( Desktop/Tablet/Phone ), it's not means that "can use Touch component from the component panel into the ExtJS project inside SA, what I'm talking about is that: Use ExtJS5.1( All ExtJS component ) and plus customized component( which ONLY exists in Touch component lib ) into the same ExtJS5.1 SA project.

Here are the keys:

1. You can just use a single "profile"( Desktop profile ) for running in all devices:

SingleDesktopProfile.jpg

2. Use the responsive config to make your "Desktop" profile views can handle different screen size design, even to handle the window size change event to re-calculate the UI dynamically, as ExtJS layout usually not re-calculate window size and re-render by default( it only do layout when creating the component, but not change anymore ), but Touch layout did !

3. By default you get the in-correct window size when running ExtJS project on mobile device, the "Ext.getBody().getViewSize()" won't get the correct value, you need to add these <meta> setting into your index.html( or you app load page )

changeOfIndexFile.jpg

4. Add another UI behaviour which you want ( But not exists in ExtJS component yet ), usually you can open the Touch component API document or read their source file for reference. For example I want the "Ext.layout.container.Card" can has the animation which I want when doing a card element switch, then I create a new Class call "AnimationCardLayout' which just override the "Ext.layout.container.Card"( override the "setActiveItem" method to do that )

Then after that you have a SINGLE project for all devices, I know this is not perfect, for example the final app.js size is over 1.1MB( but same result for Touch app.js just maybe just 600KB ), but at this moment I think it's already the better solution for us BEFORE ExtJS 6

Here is my sample single project running on my friend's website, just for demo project for him to support his school project, you can open it on Desktop/Tablet/Phone, running the same app.js, try resize the desktop browser window to take a look the "project cover images" how to re-calculate and re-layout" to fit the new window size, all in single ExtJS5.1 project

http://flaviovincenti.com/wison

Sencha User
    Answers

Default SA 3.5 is here!!

SA 3.5 is your answer. It now support ExtJS6 (classic) atleast.