Thread: Does focus on JetBrains mean the Eclipse plugin is dead?

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

Default Does focus on JetBrains mean the Eclipse plugin is dead?

I just read this:

http://www.sencha.com/blog/meet-the-...s-mark-brocato

It seems Sencha is working on plugins for JetBrains IDE's. I think that's great and could prove very useful. However, with this revelation I think we finally deserve an answer as to whether this new focus means the Eclipse plugin is dead. People have been asking about this in the forums for a year now with no reply.

I'd also like to know pricing, whether it's part of Sencha Complete, etc, though I'm sure that info would probably be saved for SenchaCon.

I hope this new plugin proves to be as good as it sounds and that Sencha maintains a commitment to keeping it up to date with future Ext releases.

Vote Rating

No, the Eclipse plugin is not "dead"... we have a number of announcements at SenchaCon that relate to tools (like IDE plugins), so unfortunately I can't release any info before then.

I realize you're looking for a lot more information here, but you'll just have to wait until SenchaCon

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

Ok, thanks for the response - you've officially piqued my interest. A Sencha focused on tools to make developers more productive with a stable Ext JS is exactly what I want to see.

Looking forward to taking it for a test drive

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I have downloaded the WebStorm Sencha plugin, and have been using it for about a week. I have to say that it is quite awesome. No brainer to install and use.

Lots of useful features that are very (surprisingly) seamless inside the Webstorm environment. Code completion is quick and surprisingly accurate. Adding a view (or rather view package) is great and keeps the views/viewcontrollers/viewmodels way better organized. Creating a new project is easy too (I'm assuming via Cmd under the covers). Refactoring is decent too.

I briefly test drove the Eclipse plugin a while back, and wasn't thrilled, so never really picked it up. Webstorm seems like a much better choice than Eclipse, and I definitely plan to keep using this Webstorm plugin.

Great job so far. Keep the functionality coming. I would really like to see some more boiler plate, time saving functionality like you have in Architect. For example when I add a view package, would be cool for Webstorm to add the view class to the views list in app.js . Time savers like that could be helpful.

Sencha - Sr Software Engineer mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating

We also just released our first update to version 0.2: https://plugins.jetbrains.com/update...updateId=19609
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer

Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS and Sencha Touch
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

cool, thanks for the info; I just now updated it!!