Thread: Grid Sorting Isuue

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default Grid Sorting Isuue

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me what kind of sorting algorithm is used for Grid Sorting?

I have a situation where i am using a single store that has multiple records, and records are arranged in such a manner that some records are parent and some are child of one of the parent record.
    Now when i want to perform sorting on grid - I want parent elements and child elements to be arranged properly, I tried by overriding doSort function but not able to write the correct logic that works in all scenario(for Assending and desending order sort).
    For example i have one column data as

1200 (child element)
    0 (child element)
    0 (child element)

And i want to sort it in assending order that looks like -

0 (Child Elements)

As the sorting algo works in extjs grid, i am not able to compare 1800 with 2500 in doSort function.

can anyone please suggest what can i do for that? Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ankit

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Hi,

Thanks For Replying !!

No, I am not using Association. because i am getting data from some other service and its in a single model. I am getting data in a single store that i need to sort the store based on the parent child levels.

can we make any composite key to sort that can make each record unique by maintaining the Parent -Child relationship as well.

Thanks,
    Ankit