Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [CLOSED-23] [2.x/3.x] OSX Safari 3.1/3.2.1: context menu issue?

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.

Default [CLOSED-23] [2.x/3.x] OSX Safari 3.1/3.2.1: context menu issue?

I noticed a small behavior change that seems to be isolated to the new Safari 3.1 drop and am wondering if anyone else has noticed anything similar.

Summary: In Safari 3.1, menu.showAt() from the 'contextmenu' handler displays a menu which looks correct but does not highlight on mouseover nor will it pop up submenus.

This is a paraphrase of the code:

Ext.get(document.body).on('contextmenu', function(e) {mymenu.showAt(e.getXY());});

It seems to still work properly on FF 2 and was happy on Safari before 3.1.

Any thoughts?

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar

Hmmm,

I'm using showAt here http://filetree.extjs.eu and I right now tested it in Safari 3.1 525.13 and it seems to work.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid MultiSearch Plugin, Grid MultiSort Plugin, Configuring ViewModel Hierarchy

Default Interesting. filetree also breaks for me on Safari 3.1...

Hi, Jozef. Thank you for the test, and the test case.

I can verify that I am able to reproduce the same apparent anomaly here with filetree at the url you so kindly provided: context menus work fine in Firefox 2 but in Safari 3.1 (build 5525.13) the right-click menu looks right but does not appear to respond to mouseover. The items are there and rendered correctly, but I see no paddle bar item highlight, no mouse cursor update. (Note that if I "click blind" on an item it does fire. But submenus do not pop up.) Precisely the same issue.

If this is working for you and not for me, it's interestingly puzzling. I will scratch my head for a bit and solicit further thoughts and input. Would any other Safari 3.1 users have a moment to test and report?

(I should have mentioned: Ext.version is 2.0.2 here.)

Best,

-br

No idea then... I've installed fresh Safari (that extra 5 in your version is typo, I guess) same version as you, running it in WinXP - some old installation in virtual machine. I've re-checked it right now and it really works. Highlights are there, submenu opens. Ext version doesn't matter as you download it anyway from that url.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

News: Grid MultiSearch Plugin, Grid MultiSort Plugin, Configuring ViewModel Hierarchy

Default Hm. Curiouser and curiouser... Safari OS X vs. Win XP maybe?

Hello again and thanks for your reply, and your extra effort to double check. Perhaps we're getting somewhere. I'm on OS X and if I understand correctly you tested on Windows.

Perhaps I should have mentioned I'm running Safari on OS X 10.5.2 Intel, fully updated including this week's big security patch. Double checking the Safari build number confirms I see "Version 3.1 (5525.13)" in the About box, with the '5525' being different from your '525'. This confuses me, too, and I am happy to post a screen shot so you can share my confusion if you like.

I wonder if we are seeing different things because we are on different Safari platform builds?

May I request that any kind souls with OS X/Safari 3.1 and a moment to spare give this a try (see the filetree url above) and share the results (right click on a tree node; does the right click menu update properly)?

(Update: One Safari crash later and now I cannot reproduce the problem, i.e., it's working. This may be an Elvis sighting. I would still appreciate if a Mac user could give it a try and let me know, and will leave the post in case others "see Elvis" too.)
    -br
    Last edited by billroy; 20 Mar 2008 at 5:48 AM. Reason: updated information

Yes, now it makes sense. I don't have Mac and I'm testing on Win version of Safari. That clarifies also different build numbers.

However, I cannot help you anymore as I have no Mac around so I cannot fix anything on the matter.

Somebody else?
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Ext Premium Member

I'm on Mac OS 10.4.11 with Safari 3.1 (build 4525.13). When I run the demo and right-click on a node in the FileTreePanel, the context menu displays correctly, but mouseover doesn't work unless I first click an item (e.g., a disabled item or one such as Add that causes a dialog to be displayed but does not dismiss the context menu). Once mouseover works, the Open submenu is displayed upon mouseover of Open.

Default Thanks, sounds very similar to the behavior here...

Thanks for the report. We seem to have similar behavior.

I have been able to crash

I have reproduced the problem in a stripped-down single file form here:

http://blacktango.com/contextmenu.html

Default Thanks, sounds very similar to the behavior here...

Thanks for the report. We seem to have similar behavior.

I had a short interval where it was working correctly earlier today, and then it has gone back to broken. Since then, I have been able to crash Safari pretty regularly by doing this about 8 times in a row. The crash dump shows a messy exit deep in some messaging system. I do imagine Apple will be seeing a blip in the dump flow.

FWIW, I have reproduced the problem in a stripped-down single file form here:

http://blacktango.com/contextmenu.html

Unless someone has a bright idea I guess the ball passes to Apple. And we wait.

Default Different behavior: right mouse click vs. control+left mouse click

A further unsettling observation is that the bug only seems to affect the context menu if the menu is brought up via right mouse click. In the buggy state, if you summon the context menu via control key + left mouse click (this is how you do it on the trackpad, for example) the menu works properly.

Hm...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast