Sencha Premium Member Dejan Beciric's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Dejan Beciric will become famous soon enough

Question 5 pack licence for 5 freelance developers

Is it legal if 5 freelance programmers join together and buy 5 packed license ?

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of

I'm not sure that it is. Here's another thread with a similar discussion. I recommend enquiring via our contact form to make sure.
    http://www.sencha.com/company/contact/

Join me at SenchaCon 2016!

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating
    LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dejan Beciric View Post
    Is it legal if 5 freelance programmers join together and buy 5 packed license ?
    I'm not a lawyer, but I don't see how this could be a problem if you all incorporate yourself. This will increase your cost by a few hundred dollars, but it still might be worth it since you will divide the cost.

Basically, you will need to approach Sencha as a corporation, not five individuals.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    marc.fearby has much to be proud of marc.fearby has much to be proud of marc.fearby has much to be proud of marc.fearby has much to be proud of marc.fearby has much to be proud of marc.fearby has much to be proud of marc.fearby has much to be proud of marc.fearby has much to be proud of marc.fearby has much to be proud of

Incorporating would carry with it other risks and overheads. Almost enough hassle as to rule it out, in my view. You're probably better off finding a more trustworthy alternative, one with a much more agreeable license (like BSD, for example). As far as I understand this, it basically means I can do what I like. Investing your time in adding bells and whistles to make up for what Dojo might otherwise lack would be time well spent. A grid row editor isn't everything.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts

Quote Originally Posted by marc.fearby View Post
    Investing your time in adding bells and whistles to make up for what Dojo might otherwise lack would be time well spent.
    Is this a joke?

Dojo is a dead-end project for all practical purposes, so this doesn't sound like a well thought out idea.

Dojo entered the path to irrelevance years ago after the Dojo team lead left the project and went to work for Google.

Dojo 2 is already years behind schedule. The Dojo team is continuing with minor point releases after the Dojo .4 -> .9 upgrade fiasco which broke backward compatibility.

Sadly, the Angular team didn't learn much from the Dojo blunder and they are heading in the same direction.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    marc.fearby has much to be proud of marc.fearby has much to be proud of marc.fearby has much to be proud of marc.fearby has much to be proud of marc.fearby has much to be proud of marc.fearby has much to be proud of marc.fearby has much to be proud of marc.fearby has much to be proud of marc.fearby has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxSolutions View Post
    Is this a joke?

Dojo is a dead-end project for all practical purposes, so this doesn't sound like a well thought out idea
    No, it's not a joke. Dojo does the basics, and does them well. I don't care about any previous fiascos they might have caused; what I see today looks reliable, stable, and has the best license a developer could hope for. If I was going to exclude a framework because of past calamities then almost all of them would be off the table.

This is also NOT an Angular discussion, so you can keep you pet hates to that other thread which you have polluted heavily. And yes, it's also not a Dojo discussion but I was only citing it for its excellent licensing terms. Anything BSD which a developer likes the look of would also suffice here.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts AjaxSolutions is infamous around these parts

what I see today looks reliable, stable, and has the best license a developer could hope for.
    I think you are polluting this forum with a ton of misleading nonsense. None of this means anything including licensing if the framework itself is fading into irrelevance.

Just take a look at the Dojo developer discussion. There's hardly any activity there... a post or two every other day.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxSolutions View Post
    Just take a look at the Dojo developer discussion. There's hardly any activity there... a post or two every other day.
    I see what you did there ;-) Post a link to a site nobody's heard of as "evidence" of Dojo's decline. Even a politician wouldn't try to get away with that! If you check stack overflow you'll find more recent evidence of people actually using it. Amazing, I know!

Dojo may not be as popular as your beloved Angular or jQuery, but rumours of its demise are premature. What I like about it is its focus on stability and the agreeable license. I'm hardly going to convince you to use it but it ticks most of my boxes following Sencha's nasty price hike last year.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I see what you did there ;-) Post a link to a site nobody's heard of as "evidence" of Dojo's decline.
    And I see that you have little to zero experience with Dojo, but you'd rather talk a lot and add wacky and irrelevant statements.

The link that I provided is to a discussion for Dojo toolkit developers and contributors, not the users. As you can see, there's little activity there.

Dojo didn't have a major release in several years and the Dojo 2 release is at least 2 years behind schedule.

The very thought of a major release must be paralyzing to the Dojo team since they managed to piss off their own developer base years ago by totally braking backward compatibility.

Sadly, the Angular team didn't learn much from the mistakes that other framework developers made and decided to totally break backward compatibility in the Angular 2 rewrite.

Touch Premium Member suzuki1100nz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold

Hi violabays no need to apologize for your opinion.
    I think LesJ is correct but agree with marcs comment as well.

Incorporating would carry with it other risks and overheads
    You would have to make sure you have a good working relationship with the other 4 developers.