Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    JackJohnsonX is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: aligning tbar button right causes it to overflow until window is resized

Unanswered: aligning tbar button right causes it to overflow until window is resized

hello,

I have a panel with top toolbar which contains one button pushed all the way to the right. Initially, the button overflows and gets cut off until the window is resized, then it automatically adjusts.

Code:
    //toolbar inside panel initComponent
    this.dockedItems = [{
          xtype:"toolbar",
          dock:"top",    
          style:"background-color:#d8d8d8;",      
          layout:{pack:"end"},
          items:[
            //"->",
            {
              xtype:"button", text:"Welcome", itemId:"userid",           
              menu: new Ext.menu.Menu({
                items:[{icon:"blah.png", scope:this,text:"Logout", itemId:"logout", handler:function(){this.fireEvent("logout");}}]
              })
            }

}];
    Even if I resize the window by 1 pixel whether vertically or horizontally the whole button becomes visible and it automatically adjusts. If i have debugger console open and close it the button will adjust.

layout:{pack:"end"} and "->" the shortcut for xtype:"tbfill" both cause the button to overflow.

I used the CSS "left" property to bypass this issue but it creates issues on screens with lower resolutions (4:3)

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Gary Schlosberg is just really nice Gary Schlosberg is just really nice Gary Schlosberg is just really nice Gary Schlosberg is just really nice Gary Schlosberg is just really nice

I wasn't able to reproduce this. In which version are you seeing this? Which browser?
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our human resources manager: fabienne.bell@sencha.com

Thread Participants: 1