Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of

Default Business Casual???

I am going to SenchaConn (my 1st, so I am a senchaconn virgin), in the fairly short email telling me to download the senchaconn app that will tell me everything i need to know about the convention, it mentions the dress is "business casual"

so my question, what is business casual?

does that mean:

* Matching Socks?
    * No embarrassing rips in my jeans?
    * No politically insensitive text on my t-shirts?
    * T-shirts required?

Cause I am very confused. I am attending a convention to learn more about the Sencha ecosphere and I am not sure why the dress does not say "be comfortable, you are not selling anything, so relax and enjoy"

Can someone tell me what brand of jeans I should bring with me to be 'business casual'?

Thanks

Bruce

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    marc.fearby is a splendid one to behold marc.fearby is a splendid one to behold marc.fearby is a splendid one to behold marc.fearby is a splendid one to behold marc.fearby is a splendid one to behold marc.fearby is a splendid one to behold marc.fearby is a splendid one to behold

I would have thought that sneakers, jeans, and a button up/collared shirt ought to be OK?

Vote Rating
    arthurakay is a glorious beacon of light arthurakay is a glorious beacon of light arthurakay is a glorious beacon of light arthurakay is a glorious beacon of light arthurakay is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by marc.fearby View Post
    I would have thought that sneakers, jeans, and a button up/collared shirt ought to be OK?
    That's basically "business casual" these days. If you would wear it to work on casual Friday, it's likely to be just fine. We simply don't want anyone to violate our Code of Conduct -- otherwise expect to dress like you would to any other conference.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of

Default Code of Conduct?

WHERE can I find this so I can know what I am about to violate?

Bruce

Sencha - Sr Software Engineer mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by blomasky View Post
    WHERE can I find this so I can know what I am about to violate?
    It's in the FAQ http://www.senchacon.com/#faq last item in the left column.

Like Art said, if you wouldn't wear it to work on a casual Friday then it would be fine. What's to be violated? I'd say use your best judgement and be professional. "I hate America" or along the lines like that is likely not a good choice of shirts. Polo shirts, nerd graphic t-shirts, jeans, sneakers are all good choices. I'd stay away from jeans with tears in them but that's more just me, I'd want to look presentable.

We want you you to be comfortable and have fun. We aren't too strict on what you look like, just don't want offensive type stuff that would make someone else uncomfortable.

I'm interested in meeting you face to face Bruce. If you see me, come say hi!
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default Wow, this is being taken very seriously!

I hope you Do realize that my comments re: business casual are "tongue-in-cheek" However, not to worry, since I let my friend DILBERT advise me on important business issues like dress code:

casual Friday.jpg