Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of

Default Notes from SenchaCon

So, instead of tweeting (with the 100s of other fanboys), I figured I would post a note or two (maybe 3) of my experiences at the conferences.

Monday Night User Group Meetup:

I only stayed for 2 of the speakers (more about that below). The topics included Ext 6 and the IntelliJ plugin. There will be much more detail about both of them at longer talks @ Senchacon, so I won't go into much detail except to tell you that the beta versions of both should be avail to download later this week. Also, being a SA user, there is NO integration between SA and the Intellij Plug in, so I will have to decide if using a full featured editor will outweigh the productivity enhancements that SA provides. (pretty sure I will stick with SA, assuming not ALL of the engineers have left the development team)

The good:

The food (and free, full bar) was most excellent
    The speakers knew their topic, answered questions

The bad:
    The room was very long and very narrow and WAY more people showed up than they expected (hum, since you had to register for the user group to tic off you were attending, perhaps the organizer should have realized this.

The problem with the long, narrow room is that there was no sound system so those of us who were not lucky enough to get a seat up front had problems hearing (seeing the small screen from the back with squinting did sort of work

Bruce

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of

Default Tuesday @ SenchaConn - Registration

There is a time and a place for technology. And I know if you have a hammer, everything does look like a nail. If you are a technology company, then you want a high-tech registration process... however....

At previous conventions, you get in a short line (usually filtered by your last name), give them your name, tell them your t-shirt size. They then hand they hand you your badge and goodies bag. Total time usually < 5 minutes.

Breakfast for trainee attendees was 8-9, same time as registration, so I showed up @ 8:05 and found my self in a fairly long line (40-60 people) in front of me. and it moved very slow.. very VERY slow! 40 minutes later when I reached the front of the line, I had the privilege of typing my name into a tablet, seeing my name badge show up on the screen, press the print button, then wait, while the very pretty lady with scissors trimmed the badge (guess it printed too wide for the holder), lucky she didn't lose any fingers during this process, then put colored stickers (showing that yes, I did sign up for training, and I am in the "Orange" region not sure if that is good or bad), then slide that into a plastic neck thingy, with a map of the convention center, ask for your t-shirt size, and off you go, only wasting 40 min of your time!

Perhaps I am just too picky, perhaps I have just attended way too many conferences but this is NOT the way to handle registration

On another note, instead of a printed, detailed schedule, you get to install Spaces on your phone, then sign into the senchacon app. It seems to be a well done app and as long as my phone batteries last, all is good, however Not EVERY app needs the same security. This is JUST the conference schedule, not access to my bank account. My password was emailed to me, and I have no problems sharing it. 67PgI2Vg00 umm, maybe my old eyes, but if you are gonna generate a password, do not confuse I with l or 0 with O. It took me 3 attempts to get it right on my phone keyboard. Again, perhaps just OLD eyes

Bruce

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Oh wait, there seems to be a BUG in the Spaces App. you can't flag a session or mark it as a favorite! So there is no way to pre-plan what you want to attend without using the old fashioned pen and paper. hum....

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

and, while I am "Pre-Gaming" the schedule, having sessions with NO info other than the title "SECRET SESSION - TOOLS" does not help me. It costs way too much money to come to this convention to not get the most information possible. Let me know what will be going on in these sessions so I can figure out which one makes the most sense.Thank you

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future LesJ has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by blomasky View Post
    The topics included Ext 6 and the IntelliJ plugin.
    Bruce, what's new and exciting in Ext JS 6?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Monday night was a very brief overview, will know more later this week but:One framework for Desktop and mobile (right now, there are too many diff. between them, with the data layer being diff, etc.)Expect it end of 2nd qtrIt will allow you to have diff. profiles so your mobile app will ONLY bring in the required classes, so maybe small???Ditto with fields can be marked for desktop or mobile, so they will come and go during the build

Sencha - Product Team
    Vote Rating
    nharlow is on a distinguished road

Oh wait, there seems to be a BUG in the Spaces App. you can't flag a session or mark it as a favorite! So there is no way to pre-plan what you want to attend without using the old fashioned pen and paper. hum....
    Hi Bruce,

What make/model of device are you using? We tested the app on a pretty broad cross-section of Android/iOS devices and didn't observe this behavior. So, you should be able to mark sessions as favorites.

Try restarting the app and let me know if you continue to have difficulty. Thanks!

Nick Harlow

Vote Rating
    arthurakay is a glorious beacon of light arthurakay is a glorious beacon of light arthurakay is a glorious beacon of light arthurakay is a glorious beacon of light arthurakay is a glorious beacon of light

The bad:
    The room was very long and very narrow and WAY more people showed up than they expected (hum, since you had to register for the user group to tic off you were attending, perhaps the organizer should have realized this.

The problem with the long, narrow room is that there was no sound system so those of us who were not lucky enough to get a seat up front had problems hearing (seeing the small screen from the back with squinting did sort of work
    Bruce,

I'm glad you enjoyed the "good" parts of the meetup last night. I was responsible on Sencha's side for helping to organize the meetup (obviously with the help of the organizers from The San Francisco Bay Area Sencha / Ext JS Meetup Group). The group is not run by anyone at Sencha and so it was a joint effort.

I do apologize for the inconvenience of the room and the setup -- the hotel switched the room on us at the last minute (we were originally supposed to be in Sonoma, not Napa) and there's not much we could do.

We did have significantly more people attend than who RSVP'd -- and I'm sorry that affected your enjoyment of the meetup. We tried to create a casual, lighthearted atmosphere for something that was not officially part of the conference, and I think overall most people had a great time.

Please come find me at the conference while you're hear if there's anything I can do to help improve your experience.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

didn't say I didn't have a good time Art, I did, and it was educational, but I thought the small room with no sound system made it tough to see and hear.Bruce

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default i am using IOS

restarted spaces, still can not check a favorite.

Bruce