Thread: Installing Sencha Ext JS in phpstorm 8.0.3 fails

Ext JS Premium Member shochdoerfer's Avatar

Default Answered: Installing Sencha Ext JS in phpstorm 8.0.3 fails

I am trying to install the Sencha Ext JS in phpstorm 8.0.3 and it fails. When trying to install the plugin via the Plugin repository phpstorm will download the plugin and then nothing happens (normally I`d be asked to restart phpstorm). I manually downloaded the plugin and tried the "Install plugin from disk" option which gave me the following error "Plugin Sencha Ext JS is incompatible with current installation". This happens both on my linux box (Ubuntu 14.04 / java 1.7.0_75) as well as on my windows box (Windows 7 / java 1.8.0_40-b25). Both copies of phpstorm are licensed via an company license. What am I missing?

Stephan Hochdrfer
    The last good thing written in C was Franz Schubert's Symphony No. 9.

2. The plugin takes advantage of a new JavaScript API available only in latest releases of JetBrains IDEs. Some products, such as WebStorm 10 and IntelliJ 14.1 that support this API were recently released in the last two weeks. Others, such as PhpStorm 9 are still in early access. Here is the list of supported versions (will be posted on sencha.com soon).

IntelliJ 14.1+
    WebStorm 10+
    PHPStorm 9+
    RubyMine 7.1+
    PyCharm 4.5+

You can access PhpStorm EAP here:
    https://confluence.jetbrains.com/dis...Access+Program

Answers

Default PhpStorm 9 needed

The plugin takes advantage of a new JavaScript API available only in latest releases of JetBrains IDEs. Some products, such as WebStorm 10 and IntelliJ 14.1 that support this API were recently released in the last two weeks. Others, such as PhpStorm 9 are still in early access. Here is the list of supported versions (will be posted on sencha.com soon).

IntelliJ 14.1+
    WebStorm 10+
    PHPStorm 9+
    RubyMine 7.1+
    PyCharm 4.5+

You can access PhpStorm EAP here:
    https://confluence.jetbrains.com/dis...Access+Program

Sencha Developer
    Answers

I have asked one of the engineers who worked on the plugin to respond when he has time later today. Thanks for testing it!

Thanks for the quick replies. Will wait then for the phpstorm 9.0 release

Stephan Hochdrfer

Just gave the current phpstorm EAP version (141.582) a try. The plugin could be installed but I get a NullPointerException when phpstorm tries to index the touch/sencha-touch.js file. I am using Sencha Touch 2.4.1 if that matters.

This is the stack trace I get:
    java.lang.NullPointerException: null keys not supported
    at gnu.trove.THashMap.put(THashMap.java:162)
    at com.intellij.lang.javascript.index.JSIndexContentBuilder.storeAdditionalData(JSIndexContentBuilder.java:40)
    at com.sencha.idea.index.SenchaIndexingHandler.indexInheritance(SenchaIndexingHandler.groovy:179)
    at com.sencha.idea.index.SenchaIndexingHandler.processCallExpression(SenchaIndexingHandler.groovy:85)
    at com.intellij.lang.javascript.index.JSIndexContent$1.visitJSCallExpression(JSIndexContent.java:193)
    at com.intellij.lang.javascript.psi.impl.JSCallExpressionImpl.accept(JSCallExpressionImpl.java:81)
    at com.intellij.psi.PsiWalkingState.visit(PsiWalkingState.java:64)
    at com.intellij.psi.PsiWalkingState.visit(PsiWalkingState.java:26)
    at com.intellij.util.WalkingState.walkChildren(WalkingState.java:65)
    at com.intellij.util.WalkingState.elementStarted(WalkingState.java:52)
    at com.intellij.psi.PsiWalkingState.elementStarted(PsiWalkingState.java:73)
    at com.intellij.lang.javascript.psi.JSRecursiveWalkingElementVisitor.visitElement(JSRecursiveWalkingElementVisitor.java:27)
    at com.intellij.lang.javascript.index.JSIndexContent$1.visitElement(JSIndexContent.java:89)
    at com.intellij.lang.javascript.psi.JSElementVisitor.visitJSElement(JSElementVisitor.java:206)
    at com.intellij.lang.javascript.psi.JSElementVisitor.visitJSSourceElement(JSElementVisitor.java:210)
    at com.intellij.lang.javascript.psi.JSElementVisitor.visitJSStatement(JSElementVisitor.java:218)
    at com.intellij.lang.javascript.psi.JSElementVisitor.visitJSExpressionStatement(JSElementVisitor.java:178)
    at com.intellij.lang.javascript.psi.impl.JSExpressionStatementImpl.accept(JSExpressionStatementImpl.java:49)
    at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.tree.SharedImplUtil.acceptChildren(SharedImplUtil.java:196)
    at com.intellij.psi.impl.source.PsiFileImpl.acceptChildren(PsiFileImpl.java:779)
    at com.intellij.lang.javascript.index.JSIndexContent.createFromFile(JSIndexContent.java:81)
    at com.intellij.lang.javascript.index.JSIndexContent$2.compute(JSIndexContent.java:222)
    at com.intellij.psi.util.CachedValuesManager$1.compute(CachedValuesManager.java:131)
    at com.intellij.psi.impl.PsiCachedValueImpl.doCompute(PsiCachedValueImpl.java:49)
    at com.intellij.util.CachedValueBase.getValueWithLock(CachedValueBase.java:200)
    at com.intellij.psi.impl.PsiCachedValueImpl.getValue(PsiCachedValueImpl.java:38)
    at com.intellij.util.CachedValuesManagerImpl.getCachedValue(CachedValuesManagerImpl.java:83)
    at com.intellij.psi.util.CachedValuesManager.getCachedValue(CachedValuesManager.java:127)
    at com.intellij.lang.javascript.index.JSIndexContent.get(JSIndexContent.java:218)
    at com.intellij.lang.javascript.index.JSIndexContent.indexFile(JSIndexContent.java:71)
    at com.intellij.lang.javascript.index.JSCustomSingleEntriesIndex$1.map(JSCustomSingleEntriesIndex.java:26)
    at com.intellij.lang.javascript.index.JSCustomSingleEntriesIndex$1.map(JSCustomSingleEntriesIndex.java:22)
    at com.intellij.util.indexing.MapReduceIndex.update(MapReduceIndex.java:397)
    at com.intellij.util.indexing.FileBasedIndexImpl.a(FileBasedIndexImpl.java:1743)
    at com.intellij.util.indexing.FileBasedIndexImpl.a(FileBasedIndexImpl.java:1675)
    at com.intellij.util.indexing.FileBasedIndexImpl.indexFileContent(FileBasedIndexImpl.java:1623)
    at com.intellij.util.indexing.UnindexedFilesUpdater$2.consume(UnindexedFilesUpdater.java:101)
    at com.intellij.util.indexing.UnindexedFilesUpdater$2.consume(UnindexedFilesUpdater.java:97)
    at com.intellij.openapi.project.CacheUpdateRunner$MyRunnable$1.run(CacheUpdateRunner.java:290)
    at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.tryRunReadAction(ApplicationImpl.java:1104)
    at com.intellij.openapi.project.CacheUpdateRunner$MyRunnable$2.run(CacheUpdateRunner.java:310)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager$2.run(CoreProgressManager.java:152)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.a(CoreProgressManager.java:452)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.a(CoreProgressManager.java:449)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.executeProcessUnderProgress(CoreProgressManager.java:402)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl.executeProcessUnderProgress(ProgressManagerImpl.java:54)
    at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.runProcess(CoreProgressManager.java:137)
    at com.intellij.openapi.project.CacheUpdateRunner$MyRunnable.run(CacheUpdateRunner.java:304)
    at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl$8.run(ApplicationImpl.java:405)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    at org.jetbrains.ide.PooledThreadExecutor$1$1.run(PooledThreadExecutor.java:56)

Answers

Thank you, this is helpful. It looks like the plugin is doing some unnecessary indexing in touch that is causing errors. It doesn't look like these affect code completion. I've isolated the problem so it shouldn't be long before a fix is available.

Sounds good. I did not really check if auto completion is working, I was a bit scared by the exception