Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ext vs angular

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    Or am I wrong?
    Well, yes, you are wrong. You are talking a lot about Angular 2 and how wonderful this library is... but Angular 2 has not yet been released, not even in Beta form.

No sane developer should make a decision based on vaporware evaluation especially knowing that Google has a history of releasing subpar JavaScript code.

The Google Closure API was widely ridiculed as an example of "How not to write JavaScript".

AngularJS is very well known to have performance problems, which is why it's totally rewritten for the next release.

So, how can you have any confidence that Angular 2 will be any good? I already see many people complaining that their new syntax (yes, they even changed the syntax for the new release) is weird and bulky.

Just compare the Aurelia and Angular 2 code.

"Aurelia & Angular 2.0 Code Side by Side"

http://eisenbergeffect.bluespire.com...y-side-part-2/

http://blog.durandal.io/2015/03/16/a...-side-by-side/

Ext JS Premium Member

Well, I agree with you.
    But on the other side: Google is a trusted name, with lots of money and good developers.
    And first version of angular was not even meant to be the framework(and was so widely used anyway and with a lot of satisfied users).
    And second, there is a lot of good opinions of new angular js already.

Well maybe google filter results only on good reviews

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Well, I agree with you.
    But on the other side: Google is a trusted name, with lots of money and good developers.
    And first version of angular was not even meant to be the framework(and was so widely used anyway and with a lot of satisfied users).
    And second, there is a lot of good opinions of new angular js already.

Well maybe google filter results only on good reviews
    Google has a history of pulling the plug on products even when they seem successful. It's not a trusted name when it comes to developers. GWT comes to mind there. Also Google Reader was a big surprise to many that used it.

Using Google trends to determine the state of something is ridiculous. It tells you how many times something was searched for, not the context behind the search. People could be searching for fixes for bugs, that's negative. People searching because they heard about it, that doesn't mean they want to or are going to use it.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Fullstack Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxSolutions View Post
    You keep comparing two entirely different libraries.

How will you compensate for the lack of the component layer in Angular?
    Angular Angular Angular... You are only focusing on Angular again, as usual. I think you have to see a psychologist...

But remember widgets are not needed in every web application, only in a small portion of them. But you are only comparing both based on their widgets. If that will the only comparing aspect, today ExtJs would be an anmatched library and I see thouzands of developers and companies out there using many other library than ExtJS. Why is that? Why there are many many more people using Angular the ExtJS? Could you explain? Ohh, I don't say because of Google's name, please..
    Ext is terrific!!

Sencha User

And the second, TypeScript will be standard for work with javascript. I think this is more than obvious, since Microsoft and Google merged together.
    So, I guess extjs should follow this and include typescript.

Otherwise I agree, currently extjs is number one of all frameworks for business apps.
    I already using ExtJS with Typescript in a big ExtJS+SenchaTouch app. I created this fork to emit code compatible with ExtjS:

https://github.com/fabioparra/TypeScript

I knew there's something wrong with this framework when I started asking performance questions... and no developer from the Angular team would answer them.

Google managed to bamboozle many developers, but they will learn their lesson when they discover that their code and learned skills are obsolete overnight when Angular 2 is released.

Keep in mind Angular 2 is not backward compatible with AngularJS 1.3, and there's no clear upgrade path. Thousands of companies already standardized on AngularJS and will also learn their lesson not to trust Google.

"I dont think that a rapid-prototyping framework should be used for complex, enterprise-level production code."

"
    Despite its serious technical problems Angular 1.x is a success especially among corporate developers with a Java background. The 2.0 rewrite is aimed at front-end developers, but may not reach them, and in addition will turn off Angulars current following. I dont think Angular will survive the rewrite."

Peter-Paul Koch
    The problem with Angular

Quote Originally Posted by nomack84 View Post
    Angular Angular Angular... You are only focusing on Angular again, as usual. I think you have to see a psychologist...
    I think you already lost the argument and now you are turning to personal insults.

"
    Despite its serious technical problems Angular 1.x is a success especially among corporate developers with a Java background. The 2.0 rewrite is aimed at front-end developers, but may not reach them, and in addition will turn off Angulars current following. I dont think Angular will survive the rewrite."

Peter-Paul Koch
    The problem with Angular
    Again...
    Ext is terrific!!

I think you already lost the argument and now you are turning to personal insults.
    I lost nothing, is just you upset me with all that hare you have to Angular. Yeah, Angular isn't a perfect tool, there are no such a thing. I has drawbacks too. But it couldn't possibly be as bad as you are trying so hard to demonstrate.
    One question: Do you think ExtJS and Sencha Products in general are perfect?
    Ext is terrific!!

Again...
    Again...
    experientia docet
    Experience teaches

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast