Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ext vs angular

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nomack84 View Post
    One question: Do you think ExtJS and Sencha Products in general are perfect?
    Well I don't think our products perfect. If they were then we could stop working on it right? If someone was to say a product is perfect I'd call them obsolete right away.

AjaxSolutions does make (or link to) good points even though it can be annoying. Angular wasn't meant to be a framework but Google still released it? Google really should have known better, it does make me distrust them a bit.

I personally like the Ext JS code style with classes, I don't like Angular's mix of defining things in HTML and JavaScript.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Fullstack Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Yeah, Angular isn't a perfect tool, there are no such a thing.
    Why do you think AngularJS is completely rewritten for the next release? If this library was any good, it would not be be totally redone.

Ext JS 6, for comparison, is totally backward compatible w/ Ext JS 5. It might even be compatible with Ext JS 4.2.3.

And do you like that Google is again misleading developers and companies by reusing the popular Angular name? This is just a devious branding trick which is sure to backfire once people learn that there's no compatibility between these two libraries whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    I personally like the Ext JS code style with classes, I don't like Angular's mix of defining things in HTML and JavaScript.
    Isn't normal to define html and logic in different places? Isn't this the whole point of template engines? This is normal with server languages, why should it be different with client side code?
    Ext is terrific!!

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxSolutions View Post
    Why do you think AngularJS is completely rewritten for the next release? If this library was any good, it would not be be totally redone.

Ext JS 6, for comparison, is totally backward compatible w/ Ext JS 5. It might even be compatible with Ext JS 4.2.3.

And do you like that Google is again misleading developers and companies by reusing the popular Angular name? This is just a devious branding trick which is sure to backfire once people learn that there's no compatibility between these two libraries whatever.
    Was ExtJS 3 that bad? Anyway it was completely rewritten. I'm sorry but to say that Angular 1 is completely bad is nonsense and that's why you annoy me so much. You only see the world in black & white.
    Angular2 will be a complete rewrite but I do think it will be much better than Angular1. Truly it has a completely new syntax and you'll need to relearn the library but it'll be for the better.
    Ext is terrific!!

Was ExtJS 3 that bad? Anyway it was completely rewritten. I'm sorry but to say that Angular 1 is completely bad is nonsense and that's why you annoy me so much. You only see the world in black & white.
    Angular2 will be a complete rewrite but I do think it will be much better than Angular1. Truly it has a completely new syntax and you'll need to relearn the library but it'll be for the better.
    First of all, Ext JS 3 (unlike Angular 2) wasn't completely rewritten. I think you are wrong on the facts again.

Secondly, it's not only me who doesn't like what's going on the Angular project which is showing signs of mismanagement. Just read the linked articles or do some basic research. There many unhappy developers and the number will only grow bigger once they learn their investment in AngularJS is lost.

First of all, Ext JS 3 (unlike Angular 2) wasn't completely rewritten. I think you are wrong on the facts again.

Secondly, it's not only me who doesn't like what's going on the Angular project which is showing signs of mismanagement. Just read the linked articles or do some basic research. There many unhappy developers and the number will only grow bigger once they learn their investment in AngularJS is lost.
    Was Ext 3 in any way compatible with Ext 4? If not, to me this clasifies as a complete rewrite.
    Always when you make changes you face detractors and yeah, you made a good work finding all of them. Why don't you also look for people approving the change? That will be more constructive.
    Ext is terrific!!

Was Ext 3 in any way compatible with Ext 4? If not, to me this clasifies as a complete rewrite.
    Spin it as much as you want, but Ext JS 4 wasn't a complete rewrite even though backward compatibility was broken.

And you know very well that Angular 2 is a completely new framework with no clear path for upgrading.

Here's another recommended article:

Why you should not use AngularJS

"I dont know why AngularJS is so popular, but it is definitely not because it is a good framework. That is why I strongly advise you not to use the current Angular version."

Spin it as much as you want, but Ext JS 4 wasn't a complete rewrite even though backward compatibility was broken.

And you know very well that Angular 2 is a completely new framework with no clear path for upgrading.

Here's another recommended article:

Why you should not use AngularJS

"I dont know why AngularJS is so popular, but it is definitely not because it is a good framework. That is why I strongly advise you not to use the current Angular version."
    ExtJS codebase is extremely big, a complete rewrite is unpractical. To the end user, if you break compatibility, wether you make or not a complete rewrite is of no value. The end result is the same.
    And to me Angular2 is not what have the most value, to me the most value is in webcomponents in general. That's why I also love Polymer and follow their develpment very closely.
    Yeah, this isn't supported by IE8... but not everybody needs to support IE8.
    Ext is terrific!!

Yeah, this isn't supported by IE8... but not everybody needs to support IE8.
    Nope, only IE10 or higher, which means it will be irrelevant on corporate intranets for many years.

Nope, only IE10 or higher, which means it will be irrelevant on corporate intranets for many years.
    Wrong, I live in Ecuador and I work developing software for government intranets and they have no problem with only using evergreen browsers, mainly Chrome and FF. So you are wrong. Not all corporate are that close.
    That's something I don't understand. The militaries for example, probably for a security reason, they only allow IE8, the default installed browser. But is really IE8 safers than Chrome of FF? That's nonsense to me.
    Ah, I'm not talking about ecuatorian militaries, I'm talking of what I've heard from other people.
    Ext is terrific!!

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast