Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: ext vs angular

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxSolutions View Post
    The Death of AngularJS

"But the Angular team did something that no open source project in a highly competitive battlefield should do: they announced a new version of their highly popular framework that would have no backwards compatibility with the 1.x branch and that there would be no upgrade path whatsoever."
    Do you know about Symfony http://symfony.com? It's the most popular php framework, only Laravel have more stars on github, but Laravel use many components from it.
    Well, Symfony, about 5 years back also made a complete rewrite with the switch to version 2. A lot of people said it was a big mistake, as Symfony 1 was already a success and used by lot of people.
    Long story short: Today nobody use Symfony 1 as Symfony 2 is waaaay much better. Did people stop using Symfony? I don't think so.
    I'm not saying this story will be repeated with Angular, but I think it will.
    Regards
    Ext is terrific!!

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nomack84 View Post
    Long story short: Today nobody use Symfony 1 as Symfony 2 is waaaay much better. Did people stop using Symfony? I don't think so.
    I'm not saying this story will be repeated with Angular, but I think it will.
    People will of course use Angular 2. When you become large enough, you can survive these types of things. People will have legacy apps that they have to maintain and then new apps. It's just the nature of things, many products have done this.

Ext JS rewrote it's api around it's class system but the functionality it the configs and methods were kept so it wasn't a rewrite in every sense of that word.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Fullstack Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

If the world was perfect I'd agree with that.

Check out my GitHub:

I agree. But as the phrase implies, is just a general rule. Sometimes you have no choice.
    Ext is terrific!!

Quote Originally Posted by nomack84 View Post
    Sometimes you have no choice.
    I predict the Google decision to rewrite AngularJS will prove disastrous.

Many thousands of businesses standardized on AngularJS 1.3 and now they have no clear upgrade path. So how do you think these businesses, which thrive on stability, will feel about the rewrite? They will be very unhappy with Google. I won't even mention the many developers whose hard-learned skills will be obsoleted overnight...

I won't work to say "we had no choice".

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Google no longer maintains GWT, I believe GWT 2.5 back in 2012 was it's last release. They decided to open source it but they no longer have management over it so it's up to the managing committee now to keep it going.

This is totally wrong informatons about GWT. And for someone working for a company that actually has a GWT based product you should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekambos View Post
    This is totally wrong informatons about GWT. And for someone working for a company that actually has a GWT based product you should know better.
    Google isn't the dictator anymore, it's in the hands of a committee outside of Google.

Check out my GitHub:

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Google isn't the dictator anymore, it's in the hands of a committee outside of Google.
    True. But Google is still a very active member of that commitee. Matter of fact most of the new great stuff coming into GWT are coming from Google engineers. The team behing GWT might be smaller now but that dont mean GWT is less important. Specially looking at the latest product inside Google that used GWT.

I always preferred Ext JS combined with GWT but that s another story

Regardless if Google is currently a committee member, it's not a Google product anymore. So my statement isn't false, just not 100% of the story.

Check out my GitHub:

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast