You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTJS-17866 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lenau0 is on a distinguished road

Default Submenus disappear in Chrome 43 beta

If I try to select a submenu with the mouse in ExtJS 4.X it disappears as soon as I leave the parent and try to hover over the actual submenu.

It can be easily reproduced, just go to: http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.3 and try to select another version of the documentation with the menu from the drop down "Sencha Docs" The menu does not allow you to switch because the submenus disappear before you can click.

Any ideas what's going on and how to fix that? Our product is now broken. Fortunately only <5% of our customers are on beta and we can ask them to switch to stable. But we need to find a solution before Chrome 43 gets promoted to stable.

I've tested it in this environment:
    Mac OS X 10.10.1
    Chrome Version 43.0.2357.65 beta (64-bit)

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold

This doesn't seem to be a bug with Ext JS, since it occurs without using the framework at all. We also generally don't file bugs against beta versions of browsers. I personally can't imagine Google will release such a bug.

Update: I stand corrected. :-)
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our human resources manager: fabienne.bell@sencha.com

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks! How do you know the error is not ExtJS specific? Can you show me your test-case? It would mean something is broken with Chrome's Javascript implementation or whatever.

If I had a test case I could simply file a bug with the Chrome team. They are usually very responsive if it's something fundamental like that.

But at the moment I just don't know what's broken here and I can't file a bug which I can only reproduce for a specific framework.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The problem is from what I can see it's even specific to ExtJS 4.X and does not occur in 5.X, as can be easily tested in the docs:

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.1.3/#...enu/menus.html
    http://dev.sencha.com/ext/5.1.0/exam...enu/menus.html

Usually we don't care if something is broken in Canary or Dev channels, but once it's in Beta for several weeks we get nervous because they can switch the button at any time. What has been put away as 'beta issues' is suddenly 'stable' and pushed to all users. We've been there, so we try to address this in time.

Any hint what the problem could be would help to either get it fixed in Chrome or to fix it ourselves in ExtJS.

Vote Rating
    Nom4d3 is on a distinguished road

I was getting this problem on Opera 31 (Uses chromium 43). But since it's not the final version I ignored. But now, my Chrome just updated to 43 stable channel and this bug is happening too. Like lenau0 said. ExtJS 5 is free of this bug.Is there any override for this? My customers started to call me about this bug this morning. They are using the keyboard to access submenus

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    festr will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Nom4d3 View Post
    I was getting this problem on Opera 31 (Uses chromium 43). But since it's not the final version I ignored. But now, my Chrome just updated to 43 stable channel and this bug is happening too. Like lenau0 said. ExtJS 5 is free of this bug.Is there any override for this? My customers started to call me about this bug this morning. They are using the keyboard to access submenus
    hello did you find solution for this? I have the same problem.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    izopi4a is on a distinguished road

Working on solution aswell.
    Works in chrome 45 btw... but relase date is in 2 months i guess....

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    skwee is on a distinguished road

fine in chrome 42, broken in chrome 43 (released on May 19)
    testet on Windows 7 and Mac OS X
    i filed a support ticket on the subject

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    festr will become famous soon enough

we have fix this problem with this override

Code:
    // fix hide submenu (in chrome 43)
    Ext.override(Ext.menu.Menu, {
        onMouseLeave: function(e) {
        var me = this;

// BEGIN FIX
        var visibleSubmenu = false;
        me.items.each(function(item) { 
            if(item.menu && item.menu.isVisible()) { 
                visibleSubmenu = true;
            }
        })
        if(visibleSubmenu) {
            //console.log('apply fix hide submenu');
            return;
        }
        // END FIX

me.deactivateActiveItem();

if (me.disabled) {
            return;
        }

me.fireEvent('mouseleave', me, e);
        }
    });

Vote Rating
    Nom4d3 is on a distinguished road

Thanks festr!Your override works like a charm!Regards!