Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Submenus disappear in Chrome 43 beta

You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTJS-17866 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User

By the way, it IS a problem in 5 as well - Hit the live preview in the example in the API docs, then mouse over all options - after mousing from the top 3 to the bottom 3, the top 3 disappear...http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/5.1/5.1.0-apidocs/#!/api/Ext.menu.Menu

E
    dit: Ok, may be a separate thing, not sub-menu related, but certainly strange? My friend says the API docs live code uses extjs 4.1 so may not be an issue...

Ext JS Premium Member

@Gary

It is not considered beta anymore. You can see that if you run an update. Also, there is a much broader impact.

Gary Schlosberg

This doesn't seem to be a bug with Ext JS, since it occurs without using the framework at all. We also generally don't file bugs against beta versions of browsers. I personally can't imagine Google will release such a bug.

Sencha User

Apologies for my being wrong about this. We've filed EXTJS-17866 to track this issue.

Ext JS Premium Member

Gary,
    Thank you for responding and filing a bug. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't overlooked because of the beta version of the original post. However, I would imagine google will probably patch soon. It has caused us other problems as well, but I think for now we are going to try and weather the storm.

Thanks again,

Bryan

Ext JS Premium Member

A similar issue seems to be with charts rendered to a card/tabpanel. Sometimes they will display correctly in Chrome 43, other times you have to either resize panel or change tabs. Is not happening in < Chrome 43 or any other browsers.

Sencha User

Thanks for the Override.. Works like a charm.

Sencha User

Thanks for the override. I really appreciate it.

I pushed it and could avoid a disaster, as only a relatively small fraction of our customers seem to have updated yet to 43.

In the end it does not matter if it's a bug in Chrome or in ExtJS, for the customer it's always your product that is broken. So again, many thanks for that.

Default Patch fixed it

Thank you festr, you rockstar; your patch did the trick. Fortunately only a few of our users alerted us to it as well and you saved us just in time.

Cheers

Sencha User

all credits goes to my college Radek But EXTJS-17866 - is this something we can track? Once sencha fixes it we would like to remove our workaround and go with stock version.

Sencha User

This forum thread is linked to the bug ticket, so the message at the top of the page will change once the bug has been fixed.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast