15 May 2015 8:25 AM #1
Maintaining a remote package repository using Sencha Cmd
I'm trying to understand how to use the proper commands and flow of creating/updating a remote package repository... using Sencha Cmd v220.127.116.11. This is my current flow of updating a package that is used in one of my apps:
- (in package dir) make appropriate changes
- (in package dir) change package.json version number (if this doesn't get changed, my app won't pick up the changes)
- (in package dir) sencha package build
- (in workspace that contains package dir/build/<my_package>) sencha package add <my_package>.pkg (adds to local repo)
- cp bin/Sencha/Cmd/repo/pkgs/ to remote repo
- (in app dir, separate from above workspace) sencha app refresh -packages
- (in app dir) sencha app build
Step 2 seems strange that I HAVE to update the version number, and step 4 seems strange as well. Ideally, I'd have my package workspace as saved off in SVN, so I'd do a package build, and the package hosting structure would be added to my workspace dir, which is where I basically could do my hosting from SVN... that would cut out steps 4 and 5. I realize a package refresh is necessary in the app that is using it, but having to update the version is something I know I'll forget to do... so is there a way to just do a "hard refresh?"
Yesterday 5:50 AM #2
I'm just embarking on this journey.
I see no replies so I'm assuming the process described is the way to go.
Any updates? Is this really how it is done?
By Fredric Berling in forum Sencha CmdReplies: 8Last Post: 16 Sep 2014, 4:31 PM
By k_cire0426 in forum Sencha CmdReplies: 2Last Post: 23 Oct 2013, 1:48 PM
By Luis Miguel in forum Sencha Architect 2.x: Help & DiscussionsReplies: 4Last Post: 6 Feb 2013, 2:05 PM
By edwin032602 in forum Sencha Touch 2.x: Q&AReplies: 4Last Post: 27 Jul 2012, 2:52 AM
By FCTim in forum Ext 3.x: Help & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 15 Jun 2010, 10:05 AM