Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sencha Ext JS 5: Bootcamp in a Book

Ext JS Premium Member

I believe Figleaf is an official partner for ExtJS Training. No doubt they are more than qualified but for $99 book? Certainly, it's way cheaper than ExtJS training but that's an 'actual' class w/ a real person. In that way, I don't think it's a fair comparison in price. Even famous authors like Jay Garcia sells the book under $20 (w/ 50% off coupon). I would consider if there's a introductory sale..that's what other IT book typically does... something like 50% off for first week. Knowing that ExtJS 6 is just around the corner..it makes even more sense to give out deep discount. Anyways, I'm sure the book is amazing filled w/ great examples.

Sencha - Training Team

You get what you pay for.There is no other book out there that contains 60+ hands-on exercises leveraging free hosted, cloud-based web services.This is no ordinary book.

Ext JS Premium Member

Thank you for the down vote. Great way to be professional.

Sencha - Training Team

It wasn't me who gave you the down vote.

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by sdruckerfig View Post
    It wasn't me who gave you the down vote.
    whomever it was he un down voted..

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sg707 View Post
    whomever it was he un down voted..
    I down-voted you (and there is no way to unvote) as I disagreed with what you said quite a bit. As Steve has replied to what you said, that book has a ton more than what Jay has in his book and the source that goes along with it. I say this not to talk bad about Jay's book, I co-authored one and was a tech reviewer for another of his and his has a lot of value. If you look at Steve's book, it's very evident that he has spent an enormous time on it and $99 isn't a bad deal with everything in there. Having a special introductory sale may have been nice but for people starting off $99 is actually a great deal on it already. As someone previously said, it's way cheaper than Sencha official training except the fact that you get more personal even 1-on-1 help with official training on-site or even online.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    I down-voted you (and there is no way to unvote) as I disagreed with what you said quite a bit. As Steve has replied to what you said, that book has a ton more than what Jay has in his book and the source that goes along with it. I say this not to talk bad about Jay's book, I co-authored one and was a tech reviewer for another of his and his has a lot of value. If you look at Steve's book, it's very evident that he has spent an enormous time on it and $99 isn't a bad deal with everything in there. Having a special introductory sale may have been nice but for people starting off $99 is actually a great deal on it already. As someone previously said, it's way cheaper than Sencha official training except the fact that you get more personal even 1-on-1 help with official training on-site or even online.
    Gotcha. Just a difference in opinion for the price. I'm not sure if you read my posts entirely or not but I've said many positive things about figleag and I was the one who said

As someone previously said, it's way cheaper than Sencha official training
    but wasn't sure that would be a fair comparison since it's book training vs face to face training.

I didn't know difference of opinion equates to down voting. In that case, I should be down voting so many of the posts I read here.. haha.. j/k. At least for me, I only down vote on a post that is 'false'. Each on it's own~ but I appreciate your reasons.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by sg707 View Post
    Gotcha. Just a difference in opinion for the price. I'm not sure if you read my posts entirely or not but I've said many positive things about figleag and I was the one who said

but wasn't sure that would be a fair comparison since it's book training vs face to face training.

I didn't know difference of opinion equates to down voting. In that case, I should be down voting so many of the posts I read here.. haha.. j/k. At least for me, I only down vote on a post that is 'false'. Each on it's own~ but I appreciate your reasons.
    I gave you an up vote to set you at an even zero

Im sure the book is very useful and has a ton of great information in it. $100 is high for a product that will be outdated very shortly when 6 comes out. No doubt the next installment for 6 will be $500.

$encha is a great product with good resources and good devs. But if you expect any type of reasonable pricing on anything sencha related from here on out you will surely be let down. Removing 1 dev licenses and only allowing 5 and jumping from 999 to $4,835 with the last message in that giant thread from with CEO basically telling everyone in the thread to go "blank" themselves.

They are only targeting large corporations which they know they can bleed dry now so all the prices for everything are astronomical. We are sol.

Sencha User

Which back end is using this book?, php, java, .net, node js?

I would like to know it.

regards
    Frank

Sencha User

Hi, thanks for you answer, could you give me the link please because I din't find the code

regards
    Frank

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast