Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Application crashes on startup on iOS 8.3

Sencha User

Default Application crashes on startup on iOS 8.3

Hi there!

I have a problem at startup of a ST2 (2.3.0) application in iOS 8.3 devices, it crashes several times until startup normally occurs.

Somebody have this problem too?

Thanks for any help!

Sencha User

So just on iOS 8? Are you using Cordova/PhoneGap? Are you able to test with Touch 2.4.1?

Sencha User

Only on iOS 8.3 (iPad, iPhone...), and yes I'm using Cordova/Phonegap.I had tried with 2.4.1, same problem.

Sencha User

The problem was reduced after I inserted the plugin org.apache.cordova.splashscreen on the project.

Sencha User

Glad to hear it! So is it still occurring occasionally?

Sencha User

Yes, it still occuring, but is very (very) occasionally!

I cant say "the problem was solved", but for now its ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Schlosberg View Post
    Glad to hear it! So is it still occurring occasionally?

After we updated our app to Sencha Touch 2.4.1 we are getting reports from users that the app no longer works on iPhones with iOS 8.x. It just gets stuck on the loading screen.

As far as i know we don't use that Cordova and we don't use Phonegap. Is there anyway to check where this problem is coming from?

Sencha User

Default I am still having this problem

I downloaded sencha touch 2.4.2 today and i updated my sencha cmd to latest version. And i tried to make a demo app. It is still crashing on iOS 8.3.

First i was not clear what is the source of the bug, either it is sencha touch, some phonegap plugin, or phonegap itself. Then i tried so may things. i tried updating every dependency with development like phonegap, cordova, Sencha, npm, node, ruby, ant etc. but it was still crashing.
    then i tried a demo Ionic app. it runs whitout any crash. so it clears that there is defiantly something wrong sencha touch.

Is Sencha doing something about it. I have posted a thread about this a while ago and i did not get any satisfactory answer on it.

Does it mean we should switch to something else for development like Ionic + AngularJs.
    How can sencha expect us to buy a Commercial Licence with so many bugs present in it. which is not even working right on the biggest mobile platform on earth.

One thing i noticed was that when the app is build using a production build it does not work on iOS 8 but if you build it using testing build it does work. So it seems that somehow the production build does something which makes it crash.

Sencha Premium Member

Just did a test build. Mine is still crashing. Not using any external libraries, nothing fancy, just a plain Sencha Touch 2.4 app built with PhoneGap Build. It doesn't crash when it has already been opened and I switch between it and other apps on the iPad. It crashes whenever it has been completely closed and I tap on the icon on the desktop. I see the splash screen, then it crashes. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 taps before it comes up and doesn't crash. Very frustrating that there is not more guidance on this from Sencha.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast