Thread: The "Resize" event is not fired

Sencha User

Default The "Resize" event is not fired

Hi all,

My app was still working on Chrome but suddently NOT after updating the brower to the latest version (Version 43.0.2357.81 m). I debuged and found out that the listener for the "Resize" event is not invoked. I tried with Ext.Viewport.on("resize", function() {}) but also not working at all.

Cheers,
    Thach

Answers

Hi--

Please try adding the overrides mentioned here: http://www.ladysign-apps.com/develop.../#.VWneNFxVhBc

Thanks!
    Joel

Unfortunately those overrides only are working on desktops and new android devices. But for Android 4.1 the fix is not working and 'resize' is not called.

I have a listview which is not scrollable on android 4.1 devices, but after showing the actionsheet within my app the list (and all other lists) are scrollable again.

[EDIT] Plz ignore this post. It was my code that was going wrong (with almost exact behavior).
    In the real world you don't want to overdo it. In the Sencha world you don't want to overnest it.

Sencha User
    Answers

...which breaks Sencha Touch 2.4 apps (or Ext JS 6 modern toolkit apps) due the deprecation of the overflowchanged event
    Was it sencha's fault to use a deprecated object????

Yes, it was. They should have known and should have update sooner. But did Google communicate it well? I think so: https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...-is-deprecated.
    In the real world you don't want to overdo it. In the Sencha world you don't want to overnest it.

Sencha User
    Answers

Ok, for me this is enough. Since this ain't the first big issue with Sencha (especially the tons of useless dom objects, the general performance and major bugs which are fixed months later), my next projects will not be done with Sencha. In addition, the api sometimes is cruel. Simple example: Why can't I remove carousel items also by index within the same function which also takes objects???

For me this was also a surprise and cost me a lot of work the last few days. Also we had to update our app, and our support department was not happy that we had to update customers all of a sudden. Yes, it did cost us a lot of resources and with thousands of customers it is not a small thing. After the path we have to feature test it, release test it, build apps, wait for approval of Apple and Android, patch our website, etc. etc.

On the other hand, what if we had chosen for angular? With version 2 we should have refactored the whole application. And they are doing it with arrogance and no backward compatibility. Apple and Google are much more aggressive. Google dropped their support for webkit on older Androids, Apple just demanded that every app should be 64bit or change the way their statusbar is working. Cordova changed the whole architecture of plugins. jQuery let you not update to the latest version because of latency browsers. Open Source frameworks have much dependency, with lots of dependencies on latency libs and with no support.

Sencha brings use backwards compatibility, support, the choice to support latency browsers, tooling, theming, etc.. But yes, missing this deprecated function is a big thing. They should take a lesson out of it, and some apologize would be appreciated.