Thread: grid filter checkbox for date not (un)checked correctly

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium User

Default grid filter checkbox for date not (un)checked correctly

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 5.1.1 (commercial)

Browser versions tested against:
    • Firefox 38.0.1
    • Chromium 42.0.2309.0

DOCTYPE tested against:
    • irrelevant

Description:
    • When using a gridfilter of type date and you (un)check a checkbox in front of before/after/on or select a date most of the time the filter checkbox isn't (un)checked.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Use filter column header menu to set/unset date filter with checkbox or datepicker.

The result that was expected:
    • filter checkbox is checked if a date filter is set-up in submenu and unchecked, if filter is unset in submenu.

The result that occurs instead:
    • filter menu entry checkbox is only sometimes correctly checked/unchecked.

Example:

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

I'm not able to reproduce.

Test #1:
    I add a Before filter using the column menu. Everything checks as expected. I uncheck the Before filter, everything unchecks as expected (the Filter menu item).

Test #2:
    I add Before and After filters using the column menu. Everything checks as expected. I uncheck the After filter, Before and Filter are still checked as expected. I uncheck Before and everything unchecks as expected (the Filter menu item).

How do I reproduce?
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Sencha Premium User

Steps to reproduce the problem:

Every test starts with unchecked filters.

• Test #1: use after date-picker to pick a date. Result: after is checked, filter is not. You can continue by checking filter, after is unchecked.
    • Test #2: I check "before", filter is not checked. (I think it should be checked and use today (preselected date as filter). I check after, filter not checked, I check on, filter not checked.
    • Test #3: on: pick date. on is checked, filter is checked (correct so far). check after, uncheck on, filter unchecked (incorrectly, should still be checked, because after is checked).

Test #1, what browser is this on? Chrome 44 beta is not showing this issue.

Test #2 is not supported, there is no logic to handle checking the Before filter when no date has already been selected. I can open a feature request for that.

Test #3 is like Test #2 where there is no handling of filter when a date has not already been selected.

Check out my GitHub:

Sencha Premium User

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Test #1, what browser is this on? Chrome 44 beta is not showing this issue.
    See first post. Tested it again in both browsers. Both show the same behaviour. Be sure to select a date in the "after" menu item. I used the fiddle attached to test this.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Test #2 is not supported, there is no logic to handle checking the Before filter when no date has already been selected. I can open a feature request for that.
    Ok, you should edit the behaviour there, yes. What is the sense of checking "filters" or "before/after/on" when it has no effect (no date selected). Perhaps make it uncheckable if no date is selected?!

Sencha Premium User

About Test#1: I found the difference between our test cases. In 'after' choose a date > today and the filters checkbox is not checked. (It's correctly checked if you choose a date <= today.) I could reproduce this behavior the other way around with 'before' dates. So if you choose a 'before' date >= today it's working (filters is checked), 'before' date < today: not working.

First off, I'm sorry I didn't see your replies until your tweet prompting me. It's a bit of a crazy time around here with Ext JS 6 coming soon and other projects I'm working on.

Quote Originally Posted by mhenn View Post
    In 'after' choose a date > today and the filters checkbox is not checked. (It's correctly checked if you choose a date <= today.) I could reproduce this behavior the other way around with 'before' dates. So if you choose a 'before' date >= today it's working (filters is checked), 'before' date < today: not working.
    I can reproduce these steps with the 5.1.1 release. The good news is using last night's nightly I can no longer reproduce the issues. Here is a screencast I took to show this: https://vimeo.com/131020746

Check out my GitHub: