Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of

Default Questions re: new pricing structure

I am asking them here, since I am sure more than one person is interested in the answers

1) I see there are now 3 "levels" Standard, Pro and Premium. Since I just renewed my "Sencha Complete" annual maintenance, which category do I fall in?

2) I don't see which of these 3 levels have Architect included. I assume that is just an oversight? If not, please explain.

3) I have been using Sencha for a while, and therefore, I have NO need for "starter templates" but I might want to use the IntelliJ plugin. What is the price for that?

Thanks

Bruce

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    stewardsencha will become famous soon enough stewardsencha will become famous soon enough

"Licensing and pricing questions should be directed at our Sales team, whom you can reach by using our contact form"

https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...=1#post1102674

I never use Architect. I don't want Touch. I can renew those for $299.

Way I read it, to get the IDE plugin, my new total is $4825.

I will use the contact form. Wish me luck.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote Originally Posted by stewardsencha View Post
    I never use Architect. I don't want Touch. I can renew those for $299.

Way I read it, to get the IDE plugin, my new total is $4825.
    I'm opposite: I only develop with Architect and don't care about the IDE plugin.

I wonder how many developers use Architect.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Sencha - Marketing Team
    Vote Rating
    tgk121 is on a distinguished road

Hi Bruce, The answer to all of your questions is "Pro". Making a few assumptions, but since you just renewed Complete support, you should be able to transition over to Pro at no additional cost.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold

1) Customers who have current Complete maintenance and support subscriptions will be entitled to Ext JS Pro.

2) Customers who have current maintenance and support contracts which include Sencha Architect, such as those customers who purchased Sencha Complete, will continue to have rights to Sencha Architect. For new customers or for existing customers who would like to purchase additional licenses, Sencha Architect will be available for purchase as a stand-alone product rather than as one of the three Ext JS tiers.

3) The IntelliJ plugin is part of the Ext JS Pro and Ext JS Premium tiers. If you purchase Sencha Complete in June it will cost $4,825 for a 5 user license and you will be entitled to the IntelliJ plugin as part of Ext JS Pro.
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our human resources manager: fabienne.bell@sencha.com

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Miggins can only hope to improve

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Schlosberg View Post
    3) The IntelliJ plugin is part of the Ext JS Pro and Ext JS Premium tiers. If you purchase Sencha Complete in June it will cost $4,825 for a 5 user license and you will be entitled to the IntelliJ plugin as part of Ext JS Pro.
    What about those who remain on Ext V5 with expired or no support?

This makes it sound (to me) like you're going to restrict access to the plugin.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    marc.fearby is a splendid one to behold marc.fearby is a splendid one to behold marc.fearby is a splendid one to behold marc.fearby is a splendid one to behold marc.fearby is a splendid one to behold marc.fearby is a splendid one to behold marc.fearby is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by ssamayoa View Post
    I'm opposite: I only develop with Architect and don't care about the IDE plugin.

I wonder how many developers use Architect.
    Same here (unless there was a Visual Studio plugin, but even still, that'd mean working with Architect and VS and that sounds like a recipe for hair-loss).

Sencha Architect is a love/hate relationship, but I still wouldn't want to be without it.

I also have a 1-user Sencha Complete license due to expire in one year (purchased two years ago). If we transitioned to Ext JS Pro is there a way to also have Architect? I cannot fathom separating Architect from the bundling. What pro/enterprise developer is going to spend half their day rigging up and maintaining changes to Ext JS user interface code by hand?

Sencha - Marketing Team
    Vote Rating
    tgk121 is on a distinguished road

Miggins, my advice would be to contact sales and true-up your support/maintenance before the month is over. We are being very tolerant with those that have let support lapse. As it stands, only Complete customers will have access to the plugins, but all will have access to the merged frameworks. Without this support true-up, there is no access to the merged frameworks or plugins.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    _alex will become famous soon enough _alex will become famous soon enough

For new customers or for existing customers who would like to purchase additional licenses, Sencha Architect will be available for purchase as a stand-alone product rather than as one of the three Ext JS tiers.
    Does this mean Architect will not be part of "pro" and needs to be purchased in addition ?

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Miggins can only hope to improve

Quote Originally Posted by tgk121 View Post
    Miggins, my advice would be to contact sales and true-up your support/maintenance before the month is over. We are being very tolerant with those that have let their support lapse at the moment. Only Complete customers will have access to the plugins, but all will have access to the merged frameworks. Without this true-up, you will not be given access.
    That's quite a patronising tone you took there. It's always nice to see a business 'tolerate' their customers.

I also have nothing to 'true-up' as you so eloquently put it. I bought a single developer license for V5 and Architect without support - I never used it for GXT when I had it and I've never wished I had it for ExtJS. I won't be upgrading to V6.

On the other hand it's good that Sencha have finally 'trued-up' and stated that they will effectively be charging for the plugin which is currently freely available for testing by the community.