2 Jun 2015 10:20 AM #1
Questions re: new pricing structure
I am asking them here, since I am sure more than one person is interested in the answers
1) I see there are now 3 "levels" Standard, Pro and Premium. Since I just renewed my "Sencha Complete" annual maintenance, which category do I fall in?
2) I don't see which of these 3 levels have Architect included. I assume that is just an oversight? If not, please explain.
3) I have been using Sencha for a while, and therefore, I have NO need for "starter templates" but I might want to use the IntelliJ plugin. What is the price for that?
2 Jun 2015 10:30 AM #2
"Licensing and pricing questions should be directed at our Sales team, whom you can reach by using our contact form"
I never use Architect. I don't want Touch. I can renew those for $299.
Way I read it, to get the IDE plugin, my new total is $4825.
I will use the contact form. Wish me luck.
2 Jun 2015 10:41 AM #3
- Join Date
- May 2010
- Guatemala, Central America
- Vote Rating
UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird
If you like my answer please vote!
2 Jun 2015 10:43 AM #4
Hi Bruce, The answer to all of your questions is "Pro". Making a few assumptions, but since you just renewed Complete support, you should be able to transition over to Pro at no additional cost.
3 Jun 2015 10:45 AM #5
1) Customers who have current Complete maintenance and support subscriptions will be entitled to Ext JS Pro.
2) Customers who have current maintenance and support contracts which include Sencha Architect, such as those customers who purchased Sencha Complete, will continue to have rights to Sencha Architect. For new customers or for existing customers who would like to purchase additional licenses, Sencha Architect will be available for purchase as a stand-alone product rather than as one of the three Ext JS tiers.
3) The IntelliJ plugin is part of the Ext JS Pro and Ext JS Premium tiers. If you purchase Sencha Complete in June it will cost $4,825 for a 5 user license and you will be entitled to the IntelliJ plugin as part of Ext JS Pro.Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our human resources manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
3 Jun 2015 2:54 PM #6
3 Jun 2015 3:01 PM #7
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
- Tamworth, NSW, Australia
- Vote Rating
Sencha Architect is a love/hate relationship, but I still wouldn't want to be without it.
I also have a 1-user Sencha Complete license due to expire in one year (purchased two years ago). If we transitioned to Ext JS Pro is there a way to also have Architect? I cannot fathom separating Architect from the bundling. What pro/enterprise developer is going to spend half their day rigging up and maintaining changes to Ext JS user interface code by hand?
3 Jun 2015 3:32 PM #8
Miggins, my advice would be to contact sales and true-up your support/maintenance before the month is over. We are being very tolerant with those that have let support lapse. As it stands, only Complete customers will have access to the plugins, but all will have access to the merged frameworks. Without this support true-up, there is no access to the merged frameworks or plugins.
4 Jun 2015 12:00 AM #9For new customers or for existing customers who would like to purchase additional licenses, Sencha Architect will be available for purchase as a stand-alone product rather than as one of the three Ext JS tiers.
4 Jun 2015 12:46 AM #10
I also have nothing to 'true-up' as you so eloquently put it. I bought a single developer license for V5 and Architect without support - I never used it for GXT when I had it and I've never wished I had it for ExtJS. I won't be upgrading to V6.
On the other hand it's good that Sencha have finally 'trued-up' and stated that they will effectively be charging for the plugin which is currently freely available for testing by the community.
By michaelalex3 in forum Sencha Architect 3.x: Q&AReplies: 1Last Post: 25 Mar 2014, 2:18 AM
By khooten in forum io: Q&AReplies: 1Last Post: 3 Jun 2013, 11:42 PM
By PhilMerrell in forum Sencha Architect 2.x: Help & DiscussionsReplies: 3Last Post: 10 May 2012, 7:43 AM
By Ericbr in forum Ext 3.x: Help & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 9 Dec 2010, 7:51 AM
By qbert65536 in forum Sencha Touch 1.x: DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 7 Nov 2010, 8:14 PM