Thread: Upgrade from Ext JS 4 to 6

Default Answered: Upgrade from Ext JS 4 to 6

Upgrading from Ext JS 4 to 6, is it possible? Would it be better to go to 5, then to 6?

2. Without knowing anything about your application, I would say generally when upgrading two whole versions, it can be better to create a new application and import/rewrite your code into that new app. There have been a great deal of changes in the framework, and many involve new ways of doing things. While in many cases your old code will work, it may now be inefficient or not be taking advantage of new features. Hopefully your new codebase will be easier to maintain, offsetting the additional hours involved in rewriting parts of it.

Sencha User
    Answers

Without knowing anything about your application, I would say generally when upgrading two whole versions, it can be better to create a new application and import/rewrite your code into that new app. There have been a great deal of changes in the framework, and many involve new ways of doing things. While in many cases your old code will work, it may now be inefficient or not be taking advantage of new features. Hopefully your new codebase will be easier to maintain, offsetting the additional hours involved in rewriting parts of it.

Would the Sencha CMD upgrade tool help getting started converting your code over or does that tool just adjust the project scaffolding?

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lukepatrick View Post
    Upgrading from Ext JS 4 to 6, is it possible? Would it be better to go to 5, then to 6?
    I'd use Ext JS 6, which contains a ton of bug fixes some of which likely will not be backported to release 5.*

If you are two release behind, then I'd consider re-working at least parts of the application to take advantage of the MVVM architecture.

Default Ext JS 4 to Ext JS 6 migration

How to upgrade form Ext JS 4 to Ext JS 6 , Do we have any migration tool for this ?

I have my project in EXT JS 4 and we wanted to upgrade it for EXT JS 6 , will there be any syntax changes or the Ext Js 4 will work if i used the EXT Js 6 file inside my Index.html file.

Need help in this..!

Thanks in advance...

How to upgrade form Ext JS 4 to Ext JS 6 , Do we have any migration tool for this ?

I have my project in EXT JS 4.2.0 and we wanted to upgrade it for EXT JS 6 or lastest verison, will there be any syntax changes or the Ext Js 4 will work if i used the EXT Js 6 file inside my Index.html file.

Need help in this..!

Thanks in advance...