Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of blomasky has much to be proud of

Default Code Diff. between Sencha Architect and IntelliJ with Plugin

I know all of the many advantage that each editor has. However my question is,

What is the difference of the code that SA generates vs. the code that using an editor with the plugin will generate? Is one "tighter"? less "fluff" or, when I drag a grid (in SA) to the Views, add some columns, add some event handlers, etc. etc. will it look the same as if I "hand crafted" it in my fav. editor?

Thanks
    Bruce

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    _alex will become famous soon enough _alex will become famous soon enough

Guess it depends on what you type into the other Editor ...

I expect handmade code to be more compact than the auto-generated code.

SA obviously always creates viewModel and viewController, what you could skip if not needed / handled another way. Also, you probably won't need to wrap anything the way 'processConfig' does.

Touch Premium Member suzuki1100nz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold suzuki1100nz is a splendid one to behold

Hi Bruce,

I played with SA a long time ago back then it was missing a lot of functionality.
    I used it at Senchacon 2015 and it has clearly come a long way.

IMHO it comes down to the app you are building and the team skills building it.
    If the app you are building is vanilla Sencha with few extensions and you have a team not familiar with web apps and JavaScript then SA is perfect.
    Even with a team that has web app experience developing a vanilla Sencha app Id say use SA.

But if you have a skilled JavaScript web app team familiar with Sencha Frameworks building an application that is heavily themed with a large number of extensions then don't use SA.
    Any good JS IDE with CMD for build would suffice.

We use CMD for build and the Webstorm IDE for building extensions and the new plugin is great..
    The downside of not using SA is the lack of WYSIWYG development and controlled/directed development.