Thread: NumberField with leading zeros

Sencha User

Default Answered: NumberField with leading zeros

I have a form with a numberfield where the user will enter a 6 digit code. The valid value are 1 - 999999 and the user must enter 6 digits. For example: 123456, 987600 or 000123. This last example is where I am having problems. When the user leaves the field after entering 000123 the numberfield automatically changes the value to 123 which is NOT valid for this field. How do I configure the numberfield to not remove the leading zeros? I know I could roll my own field starting wtih a textfield and handling the key events, but this should be something numberfield should support via a config option as leading zeros are valid numbers.

2. There's a user extension available that should solve what you're looking for: https://gist.github.com/gregawoods/5977728 This functionality isn't available within Ext.form.field.Number though.

Sencha - Sustaining Engineer tristan.lee's Avatar
    Answers

There's a user extension available that should solve what you're looking for: https://gist.github.com/gregawoods/5977728 This functionality isn't available within Ext.form.field.Number though.

Tristan Lee
    Sencha Inc - Sustaining Engineer

Having an issue? Help us help you - be detailed; provide some code; demonstrate with a fiddle (fiddle.sencha.com)

Embed your fiddle in your post: [FIDDLE]id[/FIDDLE]

Sencha User

Thanks