Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my "app name"-all.css not being built in development folder

Sencha Premium Member

Default my "app name"-all.css not being built in development folder

I converted a small Ext 5 app to 6. After building, etc. etc. when I try to run the development version, it fails loading the "app"-all.css. Its not in the build/development/appname/resource folder.

Any suggestions?

thanks
    Bruce

Sencha Premium Member

Default Check `write` permissions

Hey Bruce,

I had a similar issue with an early-access version of 6. I haven't had a chance to test it with the GA release so apologies if it's not relevant.

I was connecting to a terminal in my development box via RoyalTS.
    Running `sencha build` was silently failing to output [project]-all.css
    Running the same locally (on the box logged in as admin) succeeded.

I'm still learning about remote access so I may be way off, but I assumed it was possibly a permissions issue (e.g: remote user having insufficient rights to write to the build directory, but existing build products were able to be modified).
    It could also be simply the permissions I'd set on the directory itself... To be honest I didn't explore the cause once I'd got it working by logging in remotely
    Last edited by Kye; 2 Jul 2015 at 3:42 PM. Reason: Formatting

Sencha - Engineering israelroldan's Avatar

@blomasky: Have you tried to explicitly build for development (it is a step of app upgrade/app watch)? (sencha app build development). If this doesn't work then you could be having the same issue as @Kye. Do you see any error messages in the console?
    Israel Roldán | Senior Software Engineer (Framework tools)

Sencha Premium Member

umm, since I am not connecting remotely, its NOT a permission problem. I can try to do the build for development next time I have time to "play".

I'm having the same problem - The project builds on one machine, but on two others.
    1. Set up a new project via checkout from BitBucket.
    2. Workspace and app initialised via Sencha command.
    3. Run sencha app build with destination specified - The myApp-all.scss builds to the ./build/temp/testing/myApp/sass folder but the final output files don't get output to the specified build destination.
    A debug build on a non-working machine (with a grep for myApp-all.css) is as follows:
    Code:
    [DBG] Initial Ant Value => app.output.css : ${app.output.resources}/myApp-all.css
    [DBG] New Config Value  => app.output.css : ${app.output.resources}/myApp-all.css
    [DBG] loading ant prop app.out.css : /Users/andy/Projects/myApp-server/public/resources/myApp-all.css
    [DBG] loading ant prop app.out.scss : /Users/andy/Projects/myApp/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss
    [DBG] loading ant prop app.output.css : ${app.output.resources}/myApp-all.css
    [DBG] loading ant prop app.out.css.rel : resources/myApp-all.css
    [DBG] loading ant prop build.out.css.path : /Users/andy/Projects/myApp-server/public/resources/myApp-all.css
    [DBG] loading ant prop app.out.css.compressed : /Users/andy/Projects/myApp-server/public/resources/myApp-all.css
    [DBG] loading ant prop app.output.css.path : resources/myApp-all.css
    [DBG] loading ant prop app.out.css.prefix : myApp-all
    [DBG] loading ant prop app.out.css.name : myApp-all.css
    [DBG] loading ant prop app.out.base.debug : myApp-all
    [DBG] loading ant prop app.out.base : myApp-all
    [DBG] loading ant prop internal.app.css.rel : resources/myApp-all.css
    [DBG] loading ant prop app.out.css : /Users/andy/Projects/myApp-server/public/resources/myApp-all.css
    [DBG] loading ant prop app.out.css.compressed : /Users/andy/Projects/myApp-server/public/resources/myApp-all.css
    [DBG] loading ant prop build.out.css.path : /Users/andy/Projects/myApp-server/public/resources/myApp-all.css
    [DBG] loading ant prop app.out.scss : /Users/andy/Projects/myApp/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss
    [INF] writing sass content to /Users/andy/Projects/myApp/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss.tmp
    [INF] appending sass content to /Users/andy/Projects/myApp/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss.tmp
    [INF] appending sass content to /Users/andy/Projects/myApp/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss.tmp
    [INF] building sass from /Users/andy/Projects/myApp/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss to /Users/andy/Projects/myApp-server/public/resources/myApp-all.css
    [INF] Compiling /Users/andy/Projects/myApp/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss to /Users/andy/Projects/myApp-server/public/resources/myApp-all.css
    [DBG] queueing build for path /Users/andy/Projects/myApp/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss
    [DBG] creating new bundle resource : resources/myApp-all.css
    On the working computer there's an additional section:
    Code:
    [DBG] input path is /Users/andy/Projects/myApp/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss
    [DBG] Client aa87d1aa-b83a-422b-a2be-f76fefdf7733 starting sass build for ../../../build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss
    [DBG] input path is /Users/andy/Projects/myApp-server/public/resources/myApp-all.css
    [DBG] REQUEST /build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss on [email protected],g=HttpGenerator{s=0,h=-1,b=-1,c=-1},p=HttpParser{s=-5,l=14,c=0},r=114
    [DBG] scope null||/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss @ o.e.j.w.WebAppContext{/,file:/Users/andy/Projects/myApp/}
    [DBG] context=||/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss @ o.e.j.w.WebAppContext{/,file:/Users/andy/Projects/myApp/}
    [DBG] servlet |/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss|null -> default
    [DBG] Resource /build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss.gz=null
    [DBG] Resource /build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss=file:/Users/andy/Projects/myApp/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss
    [DBG] uri=/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss resource=file:/Users/andy/Projects/myApp/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss content
    [DBG] RESPONSE /build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss  200 handled=true
    [LOG] Building ../../../build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss
    [LOG] Build complete for ../../../build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss[DBG] filled 471/471
    [INF] Building ../../../build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss
    [INF] saving generated css content to /Users/andy/Projects/myApp-server/public/resources/myApp-all_1.css
    [INF] saving generated css content to /Users/andy/Projects/myApp-server/public/resources/myApp-all_2.css
    [DBG] Resource with path '/Users/andy/Projects/myApp-server/public/resources/myApp-all.css' not found
    [DBG] creating new bundle resource : resources/myApp-all.css
    But I don't see the myApp-all.css in the specified destination.

It could be a permissions thing (new computer) but it's the same username and has been working without issue in the 5.x Command and ExtJS 5.x.

Does the lack of this section:
    Code:
    [DBG] uri=/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss resource=file:/Users/andy/Projects/myApp/build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss content
    [DBG] RESPONSE /build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss  200 handled=true
    [LOG] Building ../../../build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss
    [LOG] Build complete for ../../../build/temp/testing/myApp/sass/myApp-all.scss[DBG] filled 471/471
    in the failing log suggest that sass compilation client/server process it spins up not responding?

If so, how do we fix this?

OK - might have a lead on my own question/post here: according to https://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.0/wh...whats_new.html SASS is using PhantomJS -
    Fashion is implemented in JavaScript and runs within the browser and, when combined with PhantomJS, Sencha Cmd can use Fashion for theme builds as well as for app watch.
    The failing machine is running PhantomJS 2.0.
    The working machine is running PhantomJS 1.9.8.

Could be a version problem with PhantomJS?

That didn't seem to help.

Now seeing this error:
    Code:
    [ERR] [ERR] BUILD FAILED
    [ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException: Cannot find file : /Users/andy/Projects/myApp/build/temp/production/myApp/slicer-temp/theme-capture.json
    [ERR] 	at com.sencha.command.environment.BuildEnvironment.execute(BuildEnvironment.j
    [ERR] ava:280)
    Wasted about a day on this so far - any ideas?

Sencha Premium Member

In case it's helpful/applicable, I experienced similar symptoms to the ones you're describing. In my case, the web server Sencha Cmd was trying to start up was failing to start. Early in the build, I had some warnings like this:

Code:
    [INF] Mapping http://localhost:1841/ to /Users/chad/source/xxx/web-client/src/main/webapp...
    [WRN] Could not instantiate listener org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
    [WRN]
    [WRN] FAILED springSecurityFilterChain: javax.servlet.UnavailableException: org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy
    [WRN] Failed startup of context o.e.j.w.WebAppContext{/,file:/Users/chad/source/xxx/web-client/src/main/webapp/}
    After these warnings, Sencha Cmd continued with the build, and acted like it was compiling the scss files. I then realized that I had a WEB-INF directory containing my application's web.xml file at the root of my Sencha workspace. Sencha Cmd's web server was trying to load my web.xml, and was failing to start. I initially ignored the warning, and experienced a symptom similar to yours: silent failure to generate my .css files. After I removed the web.xml file, the css files were created as expected.

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by AussieFlem View Post
    That didn't seem to help.

Now seeing this error:
    Code:
    [ERR] [ERR] BUILD FAILED
    [ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException: Cannot find file : /Users/andy/Projects/myApp/build/temp/production/myApp/slicer-temp/theme-capture.json
    [ERR]     at com.sencha.command.environment.BuildEnvironment.execute(BuildEnvironment.j
    [ERR] ava:280)
    Wasted about a day on this so far - any ideas?
    I'm having the same problem. Did you ever get this resolved?

Sencha - Engineering israelroldan's Avatar

The issue with web.xml will be finally fixed with Sencha Cmd 6.0.1 and 5.1.4, but this is not the root cause of this issue for all customers. We're investigating this issue but so far haven't been able to consistently reproduce it. A possible workaround is to remove the "ext-all-debug*.js" entry under the js block of app.json. Could you give it a try?
    Israel Roldán | Senior Software Engineer (Framework tools)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast