Thread: How to load a rest store with ID?

Sencha User
    Answers

Default How to load a rest store with ID?

Here within a controller I create a rest store:

Code:
    this.somePerson = Ext.create('Darkhorn.store.Human', {
        model: 'Darkhorn.model.Human',
        autoLoad: false
    });
    this.somePerson(123);
    But it doesn't load the person with id 123 even though I have set idProperty in the model. It loadds all the humans.

This one loads can retrieve the human with ID 123.
    Code:
    Ext.ModelManager.getModel('Darkhorn.model.Human').load(record.data.ID, {
        success: function(recordd) {
            someHuman = recordd;
        }
    });
    It gets the human with ID 123 but then someHuman is not a store. Thus someHuman.sync() doesn't work, it says that sync() is not defined. Or if I use someHuman.save() it PUTs all the data to the server.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorni View Post
    Here within a controller I create a rest store:

Code:
    this.somePerson = Ext.create('Darkhorn.store.Human', {
        model: 'Darkhorn.model.Human',
        autoLoad: false
    });
    this.somePerson(123);
    But it doesn't load the person with id 123 even though I have set idProperty in the model. It loadds all the humans.

This one loads can retrieve the human with ID 123.
    Code:
    Ext.ModelManager.getModel('Darkhorn.model.Human').load(record.data.ID, {
        success: function(recordd) {
            someHuman = recordd;
        }
    });
    It gets the human with ID 123 but then someHuman is not a store. Thus someHuman.sync() doesn't work, it says that sync() is not defined. Or if I use someHuman.save() it PUTs all the data to the server.
    Maybe I'm missing what you're trying to do, but I think you might be confused with the difference between a model and a store. A store is a collection of model records... or imagine it to be a glorified array of model instances.

If you have the following:

Code:
    var people = Ext.getStore('people'),
        person = MyApp.model.Person.create({ id: 1234 });
    If you're only wanting one instance of a person, MyApp.model.Person.load(1234) will give you what you're looking for and you can manipulate it however you want. Otherwise, what is the reason why you would want to get the people store and sync for just one person?

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Keep in mind that the purpose of a store is to handle complex logic for every record that exists for that store. There might be a handful of records that need to be deleted, another handful that needs to be created, and many more that needs to be updated. store.sync() will will call all the necessary backend api's to handle the crud operations.

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by enagic View Post
    Maybe I'm missing what you're trying to do, but I think you might be confused with the difference between a model and a store. A store is a collection of model records... or imagine it to be a glorified array of model instances.

If you have the following:

Code:
    var people = Ext.getStore('people'),
    If you're only wanting one instance of a person, MyApp.model.Person.load(1234) will give you what you're looking for and you can manipulate it however you want. Otherwise, what is the reason why you would want to get the people store and sync for just one person?
    I have tried with:
    Code:
    but this has created an empty record. Actually I want to load it from my REST API.

Then I have tried to use:
    Code:
    person = MyApp.model.Person.load(1234);
    console.log(person);
    it has GET (the browser has loaded the data) the data from the REST API but console.log says that person is not defined.

One person has different properties such as e-mail and telephone. After I change his email I want to send this new data to server with PUT method aka person.save() or person.sync().

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Ext.data.Model.create() will be exactly that... to create an instance. Whatever object literal you pass in will be the fields you want the model to be populated with. It'll be instantiated in memory only until you save() it.

Ext.data.Model.load() will be asynchronous. You'll have to get the record with a callback.

Once you get the desired record, you can edit it and Ext.data.Model.save(); once you're done.

If you want to change the create/update method from POST to PUT, you'll have to change the ajax proxy configured to model to use PUT by changing Ext.data.proxy.Ajax.actionMethods, which is by default {create: 'POST', read: 'GET', update: 'POST', destroy: 'POST'}.

[UPDATE]
    You can map the crud url operations with the Ext.data.proxy.Ajax.api configuration.