Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Architect until 2016????? 2017????

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    I was able to meet with the team that is taking over Sencha Architect a few weeks back and go over the Architect codebase with them. As Designer/Architect was my baby, I certainly want to see it continue to thrive.
    This is, indeed, excellent news! Thanks for letting us know, Aaron. I couldn't have achieved what I have since 2011 without your hard work.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    Hi all - Just to confirm the comments here. I am no longer with Sencha as of March 2015. I was presented with a very attractive opportunity and after 7.5+ years of being at Sencha I felt it was time to do something new.

I was able to meet with the team that is taking over Sencha Architect a few weeks back and go over the Architect codebase with them. As Designer/Architect was my baby, I certainly want to see it continue to thrive.

I still check in here every once in a while and I'm still working with Ext JS on a daily basis. I'm always reachable via LinkedIn or email [email protected]. Best of luck to everyone.
    Thank you Aaron - developing an ExtJS 4.2.3 app with Architect 3.2 on a 5K iMac is a thing of joy and puts a smile on my face every day :-)

Hopefully I can say the same thing about ExtJS 6.x + Architect one day...

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wayne.rudd View Post
    Thank you Aaron - developing an ExtJS 4.2.3 app with Architect 3.2 on a 5K iMac is a thing of joy and puts a smile on my face every day :-)

Hopefully I can say the same thing about ExtJS 6.x + Architect one day...
    You better hope that "one day" is soon...it appears that ExtJS 4 and 5 will never support Microsoft Edge (see https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?303218)

Thanks to browsers continuing to evolve, Sencha has you over a barrel. You must move up to the current new version just to support new browsers. Of course, that will generate many additional license sales (or so Sencha hopes).

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

That thread does not say 4.x or 5.x will not 'support' EDGE - just that 6.0.1 will probably be the first.... I would expect ongoing support 4.x and 5.x as has occurred in the past - and 'support' does NOT mean bug free. I would also say that 4.2.x is going to have less issues on ALL browsers than 6.x for quite some time so plenty of time for Architect to catch up before I go there...

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers

That thread does not say 4.x or 5.x will not 'support' EDGE - just that 6.0.1 will probably be the first.... I would expect ongoing support 4.x and 5.x as has occurred in the past - and 'support' does NOT mean bug free. I would also say that 4.2.x is going to have less issues on ALL browsers than 6.x for quite some time so plenty of time for Architect to catch up before I go there...
    What Gary wrote is:

It will be supported, but only by Ext JS versions released after it. I'm guessing the first one will be 6.0.1, but I don't have any solid information about it.

This does indeed state that EDGE will *only* be supported by "Ext JS versions released after it." perhaps beginning with 6.0.1. These words certainly imply that EDGE will not be supported on Ext JS versions prior to 6.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

And ExtJS 4.2.4 will be an Ext JS version released 'after that'... that is how I read it, and how it has worked in the past...

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers

And ExtJS 4.2.4 will be an Ext JS version released 'after that'... that is how I read it, and how it has worked in the past...
    and just how long is version 4 supported after the release of version 6?

Sencha support agreement:
    Sencha will offer Services for the then-current version of the Software (Version N). For not less than twelve (12) months from the release date of the then current version, Sencha will also offer Services for the major version immediately preceding the then-current version (Version N-1) of Sencha Ext JS and Sencha GXT. In addition, Sencha will offer Services for Ext JS 3.x up to and including June 1, 2015.
    So if "Version N" can mean Version 4, then according to policy, v4 support ends upon release of v6, which has just happened this month...

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rich02818 View Post
    So if "Version N" can mean Version 4, then according to policy, v4 support ends upon release of v6, which has just happened this month...
    Maybe that's why they went straight to 6.0 so soon after 5.1 - so that 4 would drop off the list of supported frameworks.

Sencha Premium Member

+1All our projects have used SA and it saved us a ton of time. If I have to learn extjs, I rather spend it learning something else... there are definitely very attractive alternatives if you remove SA from the equation.

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gatherworks View Post
    +1All our projects have used SA and it saved us a ton of time. If I have to learn extjs, I rather spend it learning something else... there are definitely very attractive alternatives if you remove SA from the equation.
    I noticed that DHTMLX has a Visual Designer yesterday (the music on the video is quite catchy, too - not that it matters, of course!). I can't quite tell if it's better than Sencha Architect in that video, but I'll bet that it's faster.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast