Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grid CellActions Plugin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating

Default Grid CellActions Plugin

Following the Grid RowActions plugin I turned out first version of CellActions.

To clarify:

RowActions should be used when we need to operate on a whole grid record.
    CellActions should be used when we need to operate on a single grid cell.

You can use one, another or both of them in one grid.

Demo: http://cellactions.extjs.eu

Note: Code is really beta in this case, not fully documented and not for general production use. I'll give it some lifetime here and then I'll polish it.
    Code is fully documented and well commented now.

Enjoy!
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid MultiSearch Plugin, Grid MultiSort Plugin, Configuring ViewModel Hierarchy

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Saki I am watching the demo, and work ok but a doubt, will be possible to have for instance a inside the column email (icon + emai@domain.com for each row)?, the idea is the user can watch the email, url or phone to do search ect, but when it click on cell to show a dialog.

regards
    Frank

Vote Rating

Yes, it is designed that way. If you click the icon, the handler gets value as one of the arguments. So if you have field with value email@domain.com and email icon beside it and you click the email icon, the handler gets the value email.domain.com and you can do whatever you want with it.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

News: Grid MultiSearch Plugin, Grid MultiSort Plugin, Configuring ViewModel Hierarchy

Vote Rating

Or you mean to place icon(s) to the left of text?
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes I want to said to place the icon(s) to the left of text, the reason Saki is the user can browse the (email, phone, url and watch it) if the user want to do send a email click in this cell and appear the mail app, the same with the phone, ect, I have doubt now if is better only to show the email, phone url ect with a link in the cell email@domain.com, maybe is more expense to show the icon + link in the cell, what do you think, could be it optional?

regards
    Frank

Vote Rating

If you want only link, then you don't need CellActions a custom renderer is sufficient. E.g.:
    PHP Code:
    renderer = function(val) {
        return 
    '<a href="mailto:' val '">' val '</a>';

or something like that.

CellActions are designed to be lightweight so the performance penalty of using it shouldn't be big. Placing icons at the left of text is not implemented yet, do you want it?
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Vote Rating

Update:

Some bugfixes leading to better performance and code is now fully documented, well commented and jslint-ed.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Vote Rating

Default Putting different images into a specific cell in ExtJs grid

Folks, I am new to ExtJs. But enjoying so much working with this.

Today I am trying to implement a grid that will display some files. I want to display file ICON before the file name.
    For example, it can be text file, then I will display a text file image icon, or it could be an image file and so on.

Also I need to do some actions after clicking on that Icon.

I found the RowActions plugin by Saki (the Lord ) quite interesting and helpful. Implemented that also. But I uses a CSS to generate the ICONs. But in my case it will be dynamic for each row data. And there could be many different extensions of files found into the system, I want to display into the grid, so I need to change the image in rows programmatic way. Also, I have seen that using this RowActions, I can see the column name onto the Column Hide/Unhide context menu of the grid, which I don't know how to turn off.

Then considered the CellActions, and it seemed a bit more closer to my requirement. Only problem is it also uses the CSS to generate the image. Also noticed that it changed the grid 's selection model to cell. Is it a default behavior or I can change it back to Row selection mode?

Any body please suggest me on this issue, it would be very helpful for me to understand and learn these plugin into such cool ExtJs framework.

Thanks in advance

Vote Rating

I would use RowActions if you have one file per row. FYI, CellActions do not affect the selection model used in any way - they are selection model agnostic.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by jsakalos View Post
    I would use RowActions if you have one file per row. FYI, CellActions do not affect the selection model used in any way - they are selection model agnostic.
    How can I change images for each row using RowActions..?
    Thanks a lot for the reply BTW

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast