Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 511 to 520 of 520

Thread: Is ExtJS dying

  1. #511
    Sencha Premium Member danguba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kragujevac, Serbia
    Posts
    432
    Vote Rating
    217
      0  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niallobrien View Post
    The question of whether ExtJS is dying can safely be debunked at this stage. Sencha are making great strides in the right direction with regards to embracing the modern JS ecosystem while providing the tooling stability enterprises expect. I'm really looking forward to introducing ES6 syntax to our codebase and eventually moving to Sencha Build with node.js & Webpack support - this opens up so many doors, eg. code-splitting, hot-reload, ESlint integration etc. Personally, I'm actually excited for ExtJS v7.
    Indeed. This also made me happy https://sencha.guru/2017/04/12/package-loading/
    All Best
    ---
    Željko Mitrović
    http://skitanja.blogspot.com/

    "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." Martin Golding

  2. #512
    Sencha User j.ashworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9
    Vote Rating
    5
      0  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niallobrien View Post
    The question of whether ExtJS is dying can safely be debunked at this stage. Sencha are making great strides in the right direction with regards to embracing the modern JS ecosystem while providing the tooling stability enterprises expect. I'm really looking forward to introducing ES6 syntax to our codebase and eventually moving to Sencha Build with node.js & Webpack support - this opens up so many doors, eg. code-splitting, hot-reload, ESlint integration etc. Personally, I'm actually excited for ExtJS v7.
    I've been using the latest ES2015+ features with Ext JS for a long time. What I really want to see is the stuff inside Sencha Cmd being opened up to npm scripting.

  3. #513
    Sencha Premium User
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    121
    Vote Rating
    37
      1  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j.ashworth View Post
    I've been using the latest ES2015+ features with Ext JS for a long time. What I really want to see is the stuff inside Sencha Cmd being opened up to npm scripting.
    From what I can tell, they will be introducing a new build tool called Sencha Build which will be based on Node.js & Webpack, with an abstraction layer built on top of Webpack, so should another build tool surpass Webpack, they can just write a new layer to interface with it instead of having to rewrite way more fundamental stuff. I especially want to see integration with linters and possibly better test integration - I don't really want to have to use a separate GUI tool such as Sencha Studio just to construct and run tests.

  4. #514
    Sencha Premium User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,103
    Vote Rating
    553
      0  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssamayoa View Post

    There is no need to "enforce", just sell individual licences.
    You can purchase ExtReact which includes an individual Ext JS license. The 5-pack Ext JS purchase is not required.

  5. #515
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    85
    Vote Rating
    45
      0  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    You can purchase ExtReact which includes an individual Ext JS license. The 5-pack Ext JS purchase is not required.
    "1 year term. Includes licensing, distribution rights and Support."

    Hm, does this mean, that after one year I have no distribution rights any more ?

  6. #516
    Sencha Premium User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,103
    Vote Rating
    553
      1  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feldtAtDimap View Post
    "1 year term. Includes licensing, distribution rights and Support."

    Hm, does this mean, that after one year I have no distribution rights any more ?
    You can distribute the product perpetually if you choose to not renew the license.

    How does the license model work?

    Scroll to the 49:00 mark

    Introducing ExtReact: Adding Powerful Sencha Components to React Apps

  7. #517
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    37
    Vote Rating
    4
      0  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    You can purchase ExtReact which includes an individual Ext JS license. The 5-pack Ext JS purchase is not required.
    Hi LesJ.
    Where you read this?
    Can you link us where it is statement?
    Thank you.

  8. #518
    Sencha Premium User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,103
    Vote Rating
    553
      0  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElCondor1969 View Post
    Hi LesJ.
    Where you read this?
    Can you link us where it is statement?
    Thank you.
    See the ExtReact product page which I linked. You are not required to purchase 5 licenses.

    ExtReact can be purchased for $695, which is very competitive.

    ExtReact includes only the modern toolkit, which is probably what you need.

  9. #519
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tamworth, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    1,307
    Vote Rating
    393
      0  

    Default

    I wonder if there are any plans to release Ext JS widgets as web components? I've had to start learning these recently, and whilst it's a steep learning curve, I can see a bright future in them. The vaadin-grid isn't as nice as the Ext JS gridpanel, but it'll have to do.

  10. #520
    Sencha - Sr Software Engineer mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    39,802
    Vote Rating
    1313
      0  

    Default

    You can create a custom element and have an Ext JS component render in that, that's a bunch of the web component group. Using a shadow root gets a little tricky with styling but that's more an issue with web components, each component's style is sandbox from the parent page so the Ext JS styles won't get applied but a shadow root doesn't get you any magic performance (in my testing).

    Here is a simple example (not full featured at all, just getting something to render):

    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
    ________________
    Learn BBCode and use it! Checkout the CODE tag!

    Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS and Sencha Touch
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Similar Threads

  1. Data exchange between 2 Files: PHP -> ExtJs or ExtJs -> ExtJs
    By isicom in forum Community Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20 Aug 2011, 9:03 PM
  2. Passing arguments -- Refer Extjs In action book and ExtJs sample code
    By mrag74 in forum Ext 3.x: Help & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28 Apr 2011, 2:11 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24 Apr 2011, 12:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •