Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Is ExtJS dying

Sencha Premium Member

Well it looks like Sencha heard our complains.
    Just got an email that the prices for 5 licences is going from 7K to 10K starting with April 1st.

All I can do is shake my head.

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxSolutions View Post
    Sure, there's now a lot more low-end and mid-range competition to Ext JS, but by my understanding Sencha doesn't want to compete in this market.
    I can agree with this statement, 'Sencha doesn't want to compete in this market'. So we can all agree single developers, small companies or startup companies are not welcome anymore. It's a fact (shown by the continuously changing licensing and it's price).

I dont think Ext Js will die over this, but the community will (or already is).

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekambos View Post
    Just got an email that the prices for 5 licences is going from 7K to 10K starting with April 1st.

That's nuts! They should be thankful for existing customers yet they would punish them by charging more? wow... why don't they strategize on how to get new customers instead of thinking about how to get more money from existing customers?

Ext JS Premium Member

Default They're just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Ekambos View Post

It's April 1st!

Sencha Premium User

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Don't assume threads that are not marked as being answered as not being answered, that requires the user to go into the thread and clicking the post as the answer which people are notorious for not doing.
    I always mark answers as being answered, it's the least we can do to express our gratitude. I've lost count of the number of times I've had a problem solved and been able to move on to create/solve new problems :-)

Sencha User

I think it's important to note that the 10k price is for the premium bundle and the intro and discounted price was clearly marked so you can't be surprised that the price went up to the actual price, this isn't a price hike, the sale price is expiring. I do wonder if Sencha Test is going to be included in the premium bundle, I've seen some bugs but it's still working quite well for my little tests so I'm excited for it.

If you want Ext JS by itself, it's going to be $4,500ish so by itself it's still not the most expensive for what you get.

Sencha Premium Member

Well, actually as a license owner of ExtJS Standard we started now a new project without ExtJS.

The license direction of this company is not ok (special for single developer) and the expected way of their product prices does not sound promising. E.g. I would expect to have testing capabilities already included in all products.

We still have systems based on ExtJS, but we do not expect any further projects in the future using this framework.

And they simple do not move ... and not having single-user licenses is a dead-end for beginners and single-company persons and this - over the time - will show up in less persons using ExtJS ...

Quote Originally Posted by sjmittal View Post
    Hi all,

What could be the reasons -
    1. The commercial license is a deterrent. Well to be fair these license do not cost much and for a mid size projects where there will be no more that 5 - 10 developers a one time fee of $10,000 or less is not much comparing you end up paying $500K+ for developers over say 2 year of project work.
    However it could be deterrent for one man project for a startup. Unless ExtJS strategy is to only cater to enterprise, I feel a less restrictive (free) license for 1 - 2 developers will go way further in enhancing the popularity of ExtJS.
    Note much more innovation comes from a open community collectively contributing towards code development.

Ext JS Premium Member

It's ok that Sencha is focusing on big customers, but it's unhealthy to exclude the rest, because without the enthusiasm and energy of the "newborns", the community will get "old" and finally die.

A vast part of what Sencha is today, is a result of the help, ideas and suggestions of those "newborns".

So, without the community to move things forward, Sencha will definitely fade away and die.

They've reached the top growth speed back in the Extjs 4 days, but failed to "refuel" the system and started pushing out some of the "passengers" thinking they will be able to maintain that speed.

I don't think this will work on a long run.

Danny

Default I Don't Think So

Yes..I am Agree With You..Ext Js Is Not Dying At All Although There Might Be Some Solution for it..Thank You For Your Kind Information.

Sencha Premium User

Quote Originally Posted by brian428 View Post
    They don't even have a road map. Sencha desperately needs to open the bunker doors a bit. When it comes to software frameworks, this level of secrecy worries people (and decision makers in particular).
    Apparently there's a roadmap.

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 5.27.29 AM.jpg

Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast