Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960

Thread: Is ExtJS dying

Sencha Premium Member

I agree that we should not use this thread for CxJS. I simply saw people talking about CxJS here and decided to reach out.
    I'm happy to answer the question about layouts and all other questions in this Reddit thread.

Sencha Premium User
    -------------------------------------
    SQL Server expert consultant.
    ExtJS developer from ExtJS 1.0 version to now.
    Java developer.

Working as freelance and in my own company from 1.999
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/cesarzea/
    www.jaunesistemas.com

Sencha Premium User
    -------------------------------------
    SQL Server expert consultant.
    ExtJS developer from ExtJS 1.0 version to now.
    Java developer.

Working as freelance and in my own company from 1.999
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/cesarzea/
    www.jaunesistemas.com

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Please don't make the single developer subscription sound like a single developer license. Subscription !== perpetual license.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

My company is interested in buying the product ExtReact, I am in charge of research for innovation of frontend with react and I am currently investigating if this is an adequate option.

My more experienced colleagues have already worked with the sencha framework several years ago and because of the good experience they had, they want to use the framework with react, however the only one with experience in React is me.

And from what I've tried with the codes, guides and the forum, I have not had a good experience, maybe it's my lack of knowledge but I've only been able to run a project with CLI in version 5.6, not add to my projects or generate with create react app

Is ExtReact a good and live option?

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo.lgr View Post
    My company is interested in buying the product ExtReact, I am in charge of research for innovation of frontend with react and I am currently investigating if this is an adequate option.

My more experienced colleagues have already worked with the sencha framework several years ago and because of the good experience they had, they want to use the framework with react, however the only one with experience in React is me.

And from what I've tried with the codes, guides and the forum, I have not had a good experience, maybe it's my lack of knowledge but I've only been able to run a project with CLI in version 5.6, not add to my projects or generate with create react app

No experience with ExtReact, but definetly this thread is the wrong one to ask in.
    Open a new thread in the forum, you'll get your answers.
    Management means doing the things right,
    Leadership means doing the right things.
    www.interpid.eu

Quote Originally Posted by klodoma1 View Post
    No experience with ExtReact, but definetly this thread is the wrong one to ask in.
    Open a new thread in the forum, you'll get your answers.

Right, thanks for your advice.

And about ExtJS, there is a couple of IT companies around my city wich use ExtJS but is more a personal decision by their team leader (wich has been working with it since some time ago) like it is in my case, rather that a decision made by a whole team or the companie itself.

To me it looks like ExtJS is being sustain by his old users rather than enlist new programmers

Sencha Premium User

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo.lgr View Post

You will need to use ExtReact as recommended by Sencha, Mostly likely it won't work correctly if you use it with the create react app.

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960