Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Necro-Engineering is on a distinguished road

Default Single Developer License, multiple products, with support.. what now?

I currently have ExtJS (5.x) and a Sencha Architect license, and an active support agreement that expires at the end of this year.

I'm a one man operation, one site, one use for ExtJS, and thus I have a single developer and single commercial license for each of these products.

With all these new license changes, I just want to know will I be able to continue my support when it comes up for expiration, and will the pricing be in line with previous years?

There's absolutely no way I can keep my license if I'm forced into a 5 license minimum or 5 license support agreement. There's a few threads about the new licensing, but I can't seem to find one that has a core/solid answer on this scenario.

Will I be able to get ExtJS 6 / Architect upgrades moving forward without switching to Complete or multi-user packs?

Before I migrate my entire 5.x framework into 6.x, I'd like to know on these questions, because it's the difference between making the migration and switching to a different framework due to it becoming no longer an affordable one-person option.

Thanks much

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mindriders is on a distinguished road

I'm a one man operation, one site, one use for ExtJS, and thus I have a single developer and single commercial license for each of these products.With all these new license changes, I just want to know will I be able to continue my support when it comes up for expiration, and will the pricing be in line with previous years?There's absolutely no way I can keep my license if I'm forced into a 5 license minimum or 5 license support agreement. There's a few threads about the new licensing, but I can't seem to find one that has a core/solid answer on this scenario.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mindriders is on a distinguished road

There's absolutely no way I can keep my license if I'm forced into a 5 license minimum or 5 license support agreement. There's a few threads about the new licensing, but I can't seem to find one that has a core/solid answer on this scenario.Will I be able to get ExtJS 6 / Architect upgrades moving forward without switching to Complete or multi-user packs?Before I migrate my entire 5.x framework into 6.x, I'd like to know on these questions, because it's the difference between making the migration and switching to a different framework due to it becoming no longer an affordable one-person option.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of Gary Schlosberg has much to be proud of

Your best bet is to talk to our Sales team to see what your options are. You can reach them using our contact form:
    https://www.sencha.com/company/contact/

My understanding is that existing accounts are renewed as is, so that single licenses can continue to be maintained. Again, Sales can give you the truest answers regarding renewals.

Join me at SenchaCon 2016!