Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Necro-Engineering is on a distinguished road

Default Single Developer License, multiple products, with support.. what now?

I currently have ExtJS (5.x) and a Sencha Architect license, and an active support agreement that expires at the end of this year.

I'm a one man operation, one site, one use for ExtJS, and thus I have a single developer and single commercial license for each of these products.

With all these new license changes, I just want to know will I be able to continue my support when it comes up for expiration, and will the pricing be in line with previous years?

There's absolutely no way I can keep my license if I'm forced into a 5 license minimum or 5 license support agreement. There's a few threads about the new licensing, but I can't seem to find one that has a core/solid answer on this scenario.

Will I be able to get ExtJS 6 / Architect upgrades moving forward without switching to Complete or multi-user packs?

Before I migrate my entire 5.x framework into 6.x, I'd like to know on these questions, because it's the difference between making the migration and switching to a different framework due to it becoming no longer an affordable one-person option.

Thanks much

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mindriders is on a distinguished road

I'm a one man operation, one site, one use for ExtJS, and thus I have a single developer and single commercial license for each of these products.With all these new license changes, I just want to know will I be able to continue my support when it comes up for expiration, and will the pricing be in line with previous years?There's absolutely no way I can keep my license if I'm forced into a 5 license minimum or 5 license support agreement. There's a few threads about the new licensing, but I can't seem to find one that has a core/solid answer on this scenario.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mindriders is on a distinguished road

There's absolutely no way I can keep my license if I'm forced into a 5 license minimum or 5 license support agreement. There's a few threads about the new licensing, but I can't seem to find one that has a core/solid answer on this scenario.Will I be able to get ExtJS 6 / Architect upgrades moving forward without switching to Complete or multi-user packs?Before I migrate my entire 5.x framework into 6.x, I'd like to know on these questions, because it's the difference between making the migration and switching to a different framework due to it becoming no longer an affordable one-person option.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold Gary Schlosberg is a splendid one to behold

Your best bet is to talk to our Sales team to see what your options are. You can reach them using our contact form:
    https://www.sencha.com/company/contact/

My understanding is that existing accounts are renewed as is, so that single licenses can continue to be maintained. Again, Sales can give you the truest answers regarding renewals.
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our human resources manager: fabienne.bell@sencha.com