You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTJS-19227 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    elmalinka is on a distinguished road

Default Combo in window - text cursor disappear when "This field is required" message appears

I have problem with combo in window (when the same combo is located in site's body, it works ok).

1. I click combo,
    2. "This field is required" message appears,
    3. I start typing letters,
    The result occurs
    the first letter appears in combo but after that text cursor disappears and I cannot type the second and more letters.

The result expected
    I would like to type more than one letters to filter combo values without clicking second time in combo;

In slightly different case, it works ok, steps:
    I move mouse over combo, "This field is required" message appears and then I click in combo (message disappears), typing works ok, combo is filtered based on typed letters.

Ext versions:
    * 4.2.0 - not working, movie:

* 4.2.1/5.0.0 - text cursor disappears when I start typing letters of item that exists in combo; if I start typing for example 'ddd' (there is no item started with 'ddd' in combo) it works ok (text cursor doesn't disappear), movie:

* 5.0.1 - if I start typing letters of item that exists in combo - after typing second letter, the first letter disappears, movie:
    * 5.1.0 - it works ok

* Firefox, v34
    * Chrome, v44

I'm using ext 4.2.3, is it possible to resolve it for this version?

Sencha - Support Team tristan.lee's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    tristan.lee is a jewel in the rough tristan.lee is a jewel in the rough tristan.lee is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for reporting this. I have filed this as a bug under EXTJS-19227.
    Tristan Lee
    Sencha Inc - Support Engineer

Having an issue? Help us help you - be detailed; provide some code; demonstrate with a fiddle (

Embed your fiddle in your post: [­FIDDLE] id [­/FIDDLE]