Thread: Layout required or not

Sencha Premium User

Default Answered: Layout required or not

Hi guys,

I setup a "classic" app which includes a component extending the Ext.container.Container with a card layout. The development version runs well, but the testing or the production versions fail to load.

The debugging shows that the framework is not able to retreive the card layout by its alias "layout.card". The current collection of aliases "aliasToName" contains all layouts except the card layout "Ext.layout.container.Card".

I was able to fix it by adding the layout in the requires collection of my component.

So here are my questions: is there anything special with this layout? What is the rule to include a layout class in the requires array or not?

Thanks for your feedback
    Philippe

2. Hi Philippe,

The answer to your question can have several variables to consider based on your application but the card layout is not any more/less special other than it is derived from a container/fit layouts.

You are on the right path with requiring the Ext.layout.container.Card, the complexity of your app will determine if/when you need to require it in instance or before.

Regards,
    Bryan

Sencha - Support Team bjdurham85's Avatar
    Answers

Hi Philippe,

The answer to your question can have several variables to consider based on your application but the card layout is not any more/less special other than it is derived from a container/fit layouts.

You are on the right path with requiring the Ext.layout.container.Card, the complexity of your app will determine if/when you need to require it in instance or before.

Regards,
    Bryan

Sencha Premium User

Thanks Bryan