Thread: will be there a GPL version?

Sencha User

Default Answered: will be there a GPL version?

I was using for testing purpose last months 3.1.1 GPL ,will be there a GXT 4.0 GPL version as well ?

2. Right now we are not planning a GPL version of GXT 4.0. We just released the EA version of GXT 4.0 for our users to review and trial. Since you are doing internal testing we recommend you either continue to use the current version of GXT (3.1.1) as stated in your post, or use the EA version of GXT 4.0, especially if your application will be using touch gestures or requires a new theme for an enhanced UI/UX.

Sencha User
    Answers

Right now we are not planning a GPL version of GXT 4.0. We just released the EA version of GXT 4.0 for our users to review and trial. Since you are doing internal testing we recommend you either continue to use the current version of GXT (3.1.1) as stated in your post, or use the EA version of GXT 4.0, especially if your application will be using touch gestures or requires a new theme for an enhanced UI/UX.

Sencha User

hope there'll be gpl version to have time to try it longer time,since I develop in // of a not IT work to test a concept .

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Could you please elaborate on whether this marks a policy shift where Sencha no longer supports the GPL in any form across all its products? Specifically, will there ever be another GPL version of Ext JS?

for a non commercial use,I was hesitating whether to use angularJS vs ExtJS or GXT , I think since there're no clear policy and I have to spend 5000$ for a 5 dev licence ,my choice is done : angularJS