Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sencha Inspector GA is now available!

Sencha Developer
    Answers

Default Answered: Sencha Inspector GA is now available!

Sencha Inspector is Now Generally Available!

Were excited to announce that Sencha Inspector is now generally available as part of Ext JS Premium.

With Inspector, you can:

• Inspect your application structure (MVC, MVVM), data stores, and events
    • Analyze your application for performance and layout issues
    • Theme your application by modifying the Sass in near real-time
    • Debug your application running on a mobile device

If you are an Ext JS Premium customer, you should have received an email with download and activation instructions. If you didnt receive the email, please contact us at [email protected].

Download it now for a free 30 day trial* and give us your feedback here in the forum.

*Note: when you receive the Ext JS free trial confirmation email, you can choose to download only Inspector.

To learn more about Inspector, read our blog post and join us for our upcoming webinar.

Sencha Inspector: Accelerating Web Application Debugging and Theming
    October 6, 2015
    10am EDT | 1pm EDT | 6pm BST

Register Now

2. Quote Originally Posted by jvandemerwe View Post
    Well Sencha managed again to create confusion here. On the website there is no information at all on how much the Inspector costs.
    Inspector itself has no direct cost - it is included in the Ext JS Premium package. You can see a comparison of package prices and what is included here:
    - https://www.sencha.com/store/ (click "Compare Editions")

If you have questions specific to your own package/license, please contact Sales directly as they have access to your customer information and situation.

If you already have Ext JS Premium, you shouldn't need an activation code -- your login should be tied to an activated account. If you have trouble with that, again please contact Sales as they have access to the systems which control that.

Very interesting!

My only comment would be why it is not available in all Ext JS packages (standard, pro, premium).

This is a tool to help people work with ExtJS and the learning curve being already high, I think it should be bundled in any commercial licences of ExtJS.

Thanks,

Hugo

Sencha Premium User jvandemerwe's Avatar
    Answers

Well Sencha managed again to create confusion here. On the website there is no information at all on how much the Inspector costs. I am a Sencha Complete customer and I see that the Inspector is for download in my Sencha portal. But after starting it it asks me for activation. I really have no clue how you can get a hand on this product if you are not intending to upgrade to a Sencha ExtJS Premium account. Why only for ExtJS Premium accounts? I know that Sencha likes to make some extra bucks, but why make such a fuzz about this product if it is only available for Premium customers?

Sencha Developer
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jvandemerwe View Post
    Well Sencha managed again to create confusion here. On the website there is no information at all on how much the Inspector costs.
    Inspector itself has no direct cost - it is included in the Ext JS Premium package. You can see a comparison of package prices and what is included here:
    - https://www.sencha.com/store/ (click "Compare Editions")

If you have questions specific to your own package/license, please contact Sales directly as they have access to your customer information and situation.

If you already have Ext JS Premium, you shouldn't need an activation code -- your login should be tied to an activated account. If you have trouble with that, again please contact Sales as they have access to the systems which control that.

Answers

That's the issue, it maybe has on additional costs, but as you said it is for Ext JS Premium customers. My Sencha Complete has been upgraded since 1st of July to Ext JS Pro. So, it seems we are turning in circles here. It would be great if the Products page in the Sencha website would show the price of the Sencha Inspector when you click on the buy button instead of going to the Ext JS Premium buying page. Why doesn't it just say how much this (elite?) product cost if you are not a premium Ext JS customer.

Sencha - Product Team
    Answers

Hi!

Currently we don't have upgrade pricing on the Sencha web site. If you would like to upgrade to Ext JS Premium, please
    contact sales

Thank you!

Answers

It seems that people of Sencha all have a politicians communication training. Why is it so hard to give an answer to a question asked. You advertise with a new product Sencha Inspector. In fact you are sending me emails about it all the time. Now I am interested and now I ask a question about it and you can't even say how much it costs without again promoting a product I already have Sencha Ext JS.

In my belief it is like this: You advertise with a beta version of a new tool. You send emails to everyone in your mailing list. People try this new tool and get excited. And then when it is available you more or less say to the ones you made enthousiastic: you can't have it if you have not the most luxeous edition of our framework. But if you are interested you can contact sales support.

I can't imagine that Sencha doesn't have a mailing list of their premium Ext JS customers. Well next time limit the emails to them. It is not to be expected so much anyway that many non Premium customers are going to pay an extra few 1000 bucks, because of this tool. After all that is what it is, just a tool.

After so many years being an Ext JS customer, I still am surprised that you listen more to your marketeers than to your customers.

Sencha Developer
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jvandemerwe View Post
    It seems that people of Sencha all have a politicians communication training. Why is it so hard to give an answer to a question asked. You advertise with a new product Sencha Inspector. In fact you are sending me emails about it all the time. Now I am interested and now I ask a question about it and you can't even say how much it costs without again promoting a product I already have Sencha Ext JS.

In my belief it is like this: You advertise with a beta version of a new tool. You send emails to everyone in your mailing list. People try this new tool and get excited. And then when it is available you more or less say to the ones you made enthousiastic: you can't have it if you have not the most luxeous edition of our framework. But if you are interested you can contact sales support.

I can't imagine that Sencha doesn't have a mailing list of their premium Ext JS customers. Well next time limit the emails to them. It is not to be expected so much anyway that many non Premium customers are going to pay an extra few 1000 bucks, because of this tool. After all that is what it is, just a tool.

After so many years being an Ext JS customer, I still am surprised that you listen more to your marketeers than to your customers.
    It's only hard to give an answer because I don't know exactly what you have paid for your license (or package)... Sales is often done one-on-one because not every customer is the same, so we prefer to not just say "here is the price". That's not us blowing you off or dodging the question -- we're trying to explain that a Sales representative is in a better position to give you an accurate price quote. We also don't want to discuss your personal customer details on our public forums.

I apologize if you don't like getting our emails about a new product. I suppose the idea is that we'd like to show you that using the Ext JS Premium package is worth the extra cost -- we try to make it very clear that there's a no-risk, no obligation, 30 day FREE trial of the product. I don't know if our approach to marketing is any different than other software companies, but I've already alerted our Marketing department to your comment.

As you point out Sencha Inspector is just a tool, one of several that you'll have access to as a Premium subscriber. We do the same thing with all of our products.

Answers

Arthur, Thank you for you answer, but I am still not convinced. The difference between Sencha and other software companies is in my belief that you promote a new product and when the product is done and ready for sale, you connect it to another product, to sell that other product. Other software companies say: we have a new tool, if you're a premium customer you'll have it for free, if not the price is xxx USD.

That is not the same as what Sencha does: We have a new tool, please try and tell us what you think (about the bugs) and as a thank you for the effort we tell you a surprise when it comes on the market: If you are not a premium customer, well then you can't have it.

Why is there always a clause of exclusivity with Sencha products?And yes I do like to receive your emails, but I think that many devoting Sencha Ext JS and Touch user get the feeling that the beta for trial is also meant to have them report the bugs in the forum.

So at least Sencha should make a gesture and thank everybody for the effort. That is in my belief just to make a simple page with the Sencha Inspector product (like there already is) and when you click on the "buy" button, it simply says: it costs xxx USD, but it is free for premium customers. And a remark like "For this product you need Sencha Ext JS, click here for a quote".

That is in my belief the only way to play it fair and have many people benefit from your efforts in building the Sencha Inspector.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers

So, if you have a pro account and want to use this tool, you'd have to upgrade your account to premium which would be thousands of dollars. This makes no sense at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast