Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sencha Inspector GA is now available!

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

I have to agree with the points above that this "tool" should be available to ALL paying customers, not just Premium. I'm rather shocked it's NOT available to all or at least Pro (previously Complete) and Premium folks. And it's not an addition that will be worth upgrading from Pro to Premium. Can any of the moderators of this thread please carry this up to the sales folk? I have already had some dialog back and forth with sales, b/c the download for Inspector DID show up in my list of entitled downloads which added to the confusion. Thanks!

Sencha Developer
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ddiguru View Post
    Can any of the moderators of this thread please carry this up to the sales folk?
    I have notified Sales and Marketing about the comments in this thread. I don't know that anyone will respond directly to you on the forum, but I would certainly encourage you to contact [email protected] (or whomever your Sales representitive might be) if you'd prefer to send more specific feedback.

Sencha Premium User jvandemerwe's Avatar
    Answers

Default Sencha Inspector is only for the elite customer, you're sales department confirms it

I had a link to the download in my Sencha Complete portal. This was Sencha's reply when I asked for the key:

---

Hi Johan,

I am so sorry, the download was put into the portal for the EXT JS PRO (Formerly Sencha Complete) in error. You did not purchase the rights for this. If you are interested, we would have to upgrade you to the Premium Licensing package. If that is of interest, let me know and I will get you in touch with a salesman.

---

As I stated in an earlier message on the matter, Sencha's marketing is really focussed on the premium customer and they don't give a d*** about the rest. Not entirely true though, they are needed for reporting bugs through beta versions. This whole beta process even further reduced for me Sencha's reputation.

Sencha, I love your products, but I really wished I could love you too.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

my problem is, that premium comes with the lovely pivot chart which I have no use for. (I am using Tableau for all of my BI needs). But, it would be nice to have inspector to help with debugging / theming. I guess Sencha has decided that there is no a-la-carte pricing, but just 3 packages, (std, pro, premium) and that they will decide what each user needs.hmmmm. Sencha please let me know when I can add inspector to my pro account. I really don't want to pay for software I don't need (pivot chart).Bruce

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Sencha's product pricing reminds me of a company which is particularly egregious in this area: Oracle. I don't need to say any more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12