Thread: Support for Ext.app.Controller models/stores/views

Sencha Premium User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default Answered: Support for Ext.app.Controller models/stores/views

Maybe I have something configured incorrectly, but should the plugin be able to resolve the "models/stores/views" array config with the correct class? I'm getting the following warning: "Unknown store lead.LeadDetail".. etc.

Code:
    Ext.define('LDB.controller.common.Lead', {
        extend: 'Ext.app.Controller',
    stores: [
            'lead.LeadDetail'
    ],
    views: [
            'customer.email.EmailWindow'
    ]
    });

The full class paths being: LDB.store.lead.LeadDetail and LDB.view.customer.email.EmailWindow.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mark.Brocato View Post
    Lastly, can you verify that you've got an app.json file in the same root folder as app.js. Does the app.json file have a name property? Would you be able to post it so I could take a look?

If your app.json file is missing, you can just add a trivial one to make the plugin work properly. All it needs is something like:

Code:
    { "name" : "MyAppName" }
    Ah ok, looks like this was the issue. I didn't realize the app.json was required. When I copied it over to our "src" directory, it recognized all the views correctly. I assumed it would grab the app name from the "Application.js" file. All good now I think. Thanks!

Answers
    Vote Rating

You're right, they should be resolved, and my tests show that working correctly locally. Can you provide some more info about your environment? Specifically:

What version of Ext JS/Touch are you using?
    If Ext JS 6, is your app universal, or configured for a single toolkit?
    Where do the classes you mentioned reside in the directory structure?
    What version of the plugin do you have installed?

Sencha Premium User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

I'm using ExtJS 5.1.1 and Plugin version 6.0.3.430. Also I'm using Webstorm 10.0.4. I added the ExtJS library under "Languages & Frameworks -> Javascript -> Libraries". I can see that most of the plugin features are working correctly... I.E. auto-suggest missing requires statements and such just for some reason these Controller shortcut configs aren't being matched up correctly.

I have a normal directory structure I believe:
    Code:
    my_app
      app.js
      app.scss
      index.html
      app
        Application.js
        controller
          common
            Lead.js 
        model
        store
          lead
            LeadDetail.js
        view

Answers
    Vote Rating

You only have to add a JavaScript library if the Ext JS source code is outside of your project. Just curious, is that actually the case? For apps built with cmd the Ext JS source is generally in an directory named "ext" which is a peer to the "app" directory.

Answers
    Vote Rating

Also, if you try to add another item to the views array in your controller and bring up completions using ctrl-space, do your view classes appear in the popup menu?

Answers
    Vote Rating

Lastly, can you verify that you've got an app.json file in the same root folder as app.js. Does the app.json file have a name property? Would you be able to post it so I could take a look?

If your app.json file is missing, you can just add a trivial one to make the plugin work properly. All it needs is something like:

Code:

Sencha Premium User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Mark.Brocato View Post
    You only have to add a JavaScript library if the Ext JS source code is outside of your project. Just curious, is that actually the case? For apps built with cmd the Ext JS source is generally in an directory named "ext" which is a peer to the "app" directory.
    Yeah, we have a weird process where when we want to do a build, we copy over all the src files into the actual ext workspaces for sencha command and then run the sencha app build commands. This is so we can keep the src code seperate from all the sencha command build artifacts. Therefore I had to add the Javascript library.

Sencha Premium User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Mark.Brocato View Post

Code:
    Ah ok, looks like this was the issue. I didn't realize the app.json was required. When I copied it over to our "src" directory, it recognized all the views correctly. I assumed it would grab the app name from the "Application.js" file. All good now I think. Thanks!

Sencha Premium User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Mark,
    Maybe I should start another post but it looks like the plugin doesn't catch out "common" code package. I assume this is because we would have to use Sencha CMD "packages" instead of using the workspace.classpath method that we currently use detailed here (http://docs.sencha.com/cmd/5.x/workspaces.html).

For example, our app name = LDB but our common package code namespace is QLP. However there isn't anywhere in the app.json to put the "QLP" namespace.

Thanks,
    Tim