Thread: LOL. Pivot Grid 50-user pack for... $25,000!

Sencha Premium User

Exclamation LOL. Pivot Grid 50-user pack for... $25,000!

Just when you thought a 5-user pack for a couple of grand was a shining example of the venture capitalists turning the screws to turn a profit, Sencha offers us the amazing price of $25,000 for a 50-user pack!

I'm one guy, and whilst I can't see me needing such a thing, how many of these 50-user packs does Sencha really expect to sell? And who is going to commit further to a platform where these kinds of prices are considered normal?

I have no words.

Sencha Premium User

What you have is no sense of scale.

Where I work we bought 100 licenses of sencha complete. Paid for itself in one project many times over in time savings. The license cost every year is a rounding error in the $$$$$$$$ that we save in time Over multiple teams.

Sencha Premium User

Obviously Sencha have gone with the "large profit, small turnover" model which only works with large software companies. They're not going to shift too many of these licenses, though.

I can't even see it listed on their store page, so perhaps they're only planning to sell to large customers it already knows? No point in showing it on the page as it'll only frighten off customers, I guess.