Thread: Should classic views be visible to MainController?

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Default Answered: Should classic views be visible to MainController?

I'm building a Universal app using ExtJS 6.0.1, using Jetbrains PHPstorm w/ the IDE plugin 6.0.4. I'm attempting to create a simple handler on a button on the main List view that launches a Window w/ embedded form. On the app/view/main/MainController.js i have defined the listener as follows:

Code:
    showAddUserForm: function() {
            var win = Ext.create();
            win.show();
     },
    When I use ctl+space in the Ext.create method above, I do not see my DDIguru.view.main.AddUserForm.js in the dropdown. This class is stored in the classic/src/view/main path. Shouldn't I be able to "see" that class?

2. The plugin will only complete toolkit classes from within the src directory corresponding to that toolkit. If your controller were in classic/src, you'd see your view in the completion list. We generally recommend decoupling your shared code in app from classes in either toolkit.

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

I'm able to use the
    Code:
    //noinspection UnknownClassInspection
    facility just above my Ext.create() call and it works just fine. It just seems to me that ctl+space should reveal classes in either classic or modern from within a shared MainController.js file. Let me know if i'm off base here.

Answers

The plugin will only complete toolkit classes from within the src directory corresponding to that toolkit. If your controller were in classic/src, you'd see your view in the completion list. We generally recommend decoupling your shared code in app from classes in either toolkit.