Thread: How are default field widths determined as you switch between themes?

Sencha Premium Member

Question Answered: How are default field widths determined as you switch between themes?

I'm looking for overrides in the theme packages and don't see them in the JS (for date field for instance). Is this in the css portion of the theme?

With Triton, by default the date fields seem very wide.

I assume if an override is wanted on a theme level, the right thing to do is place it in the appropriate sass/src directory for that component. Would the best method be to override the component as part of the theme or use a ui?

2. Quote Originally Posted by eweiler View Post
    When I switch between the default themes, where is the default width of a date field coming from?
    There are differences in padding on the textfields from theme to theme (for example, Triton seems to have at least 8px extra padding on text fields).

Thanks!
    Joel

Answers

The best approach will depend on the level of change you want to make. If you want to influence every single form field, then yes, a variable (or style rule) override in your theme will probably work the best, and will require the least amount of changes. On the other hand, if you only want to target specific component instances, a custom UI will probably be better as it will only affect the instances that you choose.

Thanks!
    Joel

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by joel.watson View Post
    The best approach will depend on the level of change you want to make. If you want to influence every single form field, then yes, a variable (or style rule) override in your theme will probably work the best, and will require the least amount of changes. On the other hand, if you only want to target specific component instances, a custom UI will probably be better as it will only affect the instances that you choose.

Thanks!
    Joel
    When I switch between the default themes, where is the default width of a date field coming from?

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by eweiler View Post
    There are differences in padding on the textfields from theme to theme (for example, Triton seems to have at least 8px extra padding on text fields).

Thanks!
    Joel

Sencha Premium Member

I think the answer to the questions is a css variable on the Date class:

$form-text-field-body-width

It says it defaults to 150px in the API.