Thread: Override RenderTpl used in ProgressbarWidget

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default Answered: Override RenderTpl used in ProgressbarWidget

This should be simple, but here's what I need to do. I have a grid with a widgetcolumn, which uses the progressbarwidget. Our UX guy has the bright idea that the progress text (i.e., 20% complete) should appear AFTER the progress bar itself - not inside.

I tried to modify the rendering of the component via CSS, attempting to get the text divs to float outside the parent and to the right. But, it either can't be done or I just am not that proficient at CSS to make it happen.

So, then I looked at overriding the ProgressBar renderTpl, which is required by ProgressBarWidget. Short of creating my own custom ProgressBar which would be extended by my own custom ProgressBarWidget, I'm not sure of the best way to accomplish this. But, this seems pretty heavy weight solution to accomplish what should be a simple thing.

Any help/ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

2. I ended up extending Ext.Widget and creating my own TrailingTextProgressBarWidget, which I can use in a widget column. It works great, but a little more work than I anticipated. Thanks for looking into this. Maybe you guys can put on your extensive "todo" list being able to specify top, right, bottom, left for the progress text, much like you do for Labelable components with the labelAlign property.

Sencha User
    Answers

I couldn't get the text to shift outside the progress bar. I suspect there isn't an easy solution for this. Did you end up overriding ProgressBar renderTpl?

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

I ended up extending Ext.Widget and creating my own TrailingTextProgressBarWidget, which I can use in a widget column. It works great, but a little more work than I anticipated. Thanks for looking into this. Maybe you guys can put on your extensive "todo" list being able to specify top, right, bottom, left for the progress text, much like you do for Labelable components with the labelAlign property.

Sencha User
    Answers

Glad to hear you found a solution. Regarding the text location, our Feature Requests forum is a great place to post requests for desired functionality.
    https://www.sencha.com/forum/forumdi...ature-Requests